Re: Spore Creations Locked

by Wafflespace

Original Post

Spore Creations Locked

★★★ Newbie

Some of my creations are locked. It says I am missing core spore. None of my new creations are effected and the game and creator work fine. I have reinstalled spore from origin. I would think it came with everything I have purchased, spore, spore creapy and cute parts pack and galactic adventures. So why is this happening? I can't view edit or share the ones that are locked and its only a handful of them. It's kind of frustrating because some of those are my favorite ones.

Message 1 of 4 (1,881 Views)

★ Novice

I would like to state I am getting a simular issue; I recently bought spore complete on steam and I am using windows 7. I can not share one of my recent creations that I made while playing the game. At first it showed spore uploading and it froze or "locked" the card with that icon not spinning, reprecenting a "hang", later I validated my files and it revalidated 1 file; this fixed that issue with a new one; it now says shared online but clearly it is not shown on my account online. I have edited it to try and recreate and share, this doesn't work either; for some reason when sharing the edit it ask me to login even though I am logged in. After several times repeating I am not logged in some times showing a interuption, hangup, or connectivity issues. The message I get says "Creation Name" was not sucessfully shared.

Message 2 of 4 (1,835 Views)

★★ Novice

Did either of you happen to not install their game in this manner?
SPORE core > patch up > Creepy and Cute > Galactic Adventures > patch up

That's the only supported install order for the game and its expansions. Other orders will mess things up.

Next, did any of those creations use assets that came from mods or an expansion 'patch' like the Dr. Pepper promotion? Do you have that mod or patch installed on your new machine? You need all the parts that you used to use on your old creation to be able to load your old creation on a new machine.

Message 3 of 4 (1,790 Views)

★ Novice
I reinstalled the game since I cleared out files on my computer. If anyone is having this problem now, make sure to uninstall c&c and ga first then delete the pollination file in C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Spore

After that, reinstall like Shrooblord said. If that still doesn't work, delete the EditorSaves file as well and try again. This might break the saves, but your creations should now show as intended.
Message 4 of 4 (860 Views)