Spore: Center of the Galaxy Travel Radius

by serenity112596

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Spore: Center of the Galaxy Travel Radius

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I am playing the latest version of spore using origin. This version is suppose to have a fix to allow players to reach all the grox planets, but it is not working for me. My ship is at the center of the galaxy and the maximum travel radius is 3 pc. I really want to be able to get the badge for destroying the grox but right now it is impossible. I could really use some help.

Message 1 of 11 (3,594 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Spore: Center of the Galaxy Travel Radius

★★ Novice
Solved it. Expanded travel radius works after you travelled to the galactic core.

View in thread

Message 10 of 11 (3,379 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

This bug should be fixed on version 1.04, but if it's not you can install the original mod Maxis made available.

You can download the Expanded Travel Radius mod through SporeWiki here.

Message 2 of 11 (3,569 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm not playing from a disk I got the game on steam. There were instructions on how to download mods for Spore that will work with it on steam, which I followed, but the travel radius hasn't changed.

Message 3 of 11 (3,535 Views)

★ Guide
I read reports from Spore players that certain mods don't work properly on the Steam version of the game. However I'm not sure if Expanded Travel Radius is one of them.
Message 4 of 11 (3,533 Views)

★★ Novice

I've also transferred spore to origin and placed the mod in the folder for that but it still didn't work. 

Message 5 of 11 (3,516 Views)

★★ Novice

The other issue is that the expanded travel radius is suppose to be a feature of the current patch which I have. I have other features of the patch, such as asymmetry in creature creator, but not the expanded travel radius. Why would I have some features from patch 5 but not others?

Message 6 of 11 (3,483 Views)

★ Guide
Are you sure you upgraded the interstellar drive of your ship? You need to max it out to be able to expand your travel radio to access all star systems.
Message 7 of 11 (3,462 Views)

★★ Novice

Of course I maxed out my interstellar drive. When I'm not in grox territory, my travel radius is 20 pc.

Message 8 of 11 (3,447 Views)

★★ Novice

I have exactly the same problem. Origin version Spore+GA. Maxis mod not working. Ship maxed.

Message 9 of 11 (3,422 Views)

★★ Novice
Solved it. Expanded travel radius works after you travelled to the galactic core.
Message 10 of 11 (3,380 Views)