Re: Spore Activation Steam

by Sharples65

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Spore Activation Steam

★ Novice

I just bought the Complete Spore from Steam, and when I first started it I was prompted to register my game and create a Spore account. I can currently do neither of these, as despite having an EA account it first says my registration code cannot be validated, then switched to saying I don't have the Spore.com privileges. All the information I found about deleting login.prop has proved worthless, not least because I don't appear to have a login.prop file, and the other advice I've found has proven useless to. If anyone knows a way to register the game, any help would be appreciated.

My machine's Windows 7, game is on Steam.

Message 1 of 9 (2,035 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)

To solve your problem, you will need to contact Origin/EA support. They will help you with this problem. To contact them, see the steps below:

*Note that some players may have issues when using Internet Explorer. If this is the case, please use an alternate browser such as Firefox or Chrome*

Click the following link and log in: https://help.ea.com/en/

Then click on Help with a Game, and choose your game. If your game isn't listed, try entering the name on the search bar to the right. Alternately you can choose the Browse By Topic option and choose your relevant topic. If it is an account issue that doesn't require Game Advisor assistance, you can click the Manage Account button.

On the next page you will see a bunch of articles, links to community fixes, and a manuals tab for the chosen game.

If the articles aren't relevant to you, scroll to the bottom of the page, and you will get an option to Contact Us.

Click this and you will be prompted to choose your platform, the topic of your issue and to give a brief description of the issue at hand.

You will then have your options available, such as having a Live Chat with an advisor, or scheduling a callback if it is available in your region.

After this, you will get a live chat or a callback (depending on what you chosen) with an EA agent, that will be glad to help you.

------------------------------------------------- ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ -------------------------------------------------

Did my post solve your question? Please Click "Accept as Solution" & "XP" Button to award me!
It will help other people finding the solution too!

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (2,043 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

To solve your problem, you will need to contact Origin/EA support. They will help you with this problem. To contact them, see the steps below:

*Note that some players may have issues when using Internet Explorer. If this is the case, please use an alternate browser such as Firefox or Chrome*

Click the following link and log in: https://help.ea.com/en/

Then click on Help with a Game, and choose your game. If your game isn't listed, try entering the name on the search bar to the right. Alternately you can choose the Browse By Topic option and choose your relevant topic. If it is an account issue that doesn't require Game Advisor assistance, you can click the Manage Account button.

On the next page you will see a bunch of articles, links to community fixes, and a manuals tab for the chosen game.

If the articles aren't relevant to you, scroll to the bottom of the page, and you will get an option to Contact Us.

Click this and you will be prompted to choose your platform, the topic of your issue and to give a brief description of the issue at hand.

You will then have your options available, such as having a Live Chat with an advisor, or scheduling a callback if it is available in your region.

After this, you will get a live chat or a callback (depending on what you chosen) with an EA agent, that will be glad to help you.

------------------------------------------------- ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ -------------------------------------------------

Did my post solve your question? Please Click "Accept as Solution" & "XP" Button to award me!
It will help other people finding the solution too!

Message 2 of 9 (2,044 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

May I just note that EA will have you transferred to a team for Spore rather than deal with it through the main team as they have a dedicated spore team

Message 3 of 9 (1,816 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Been waiting for an EA Game Advisor from support to connect to in live chat. Over an hour now and nothing. Expected wait time was supposed to only be 25 minutes. 

Message 4 of 9 (1,779 Views)

★★★ Newbie

... Still waiting to connect with an EA Game Advisor for 90 minutes. I guess this gives a good sense of scale of the number of people cheated by EA over the weekend. Was already aware of poor labor practices.Did think EA was at least trustworthy enough to meet its obligations though. Apparently not.

Message 5 of 9 (1,767 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have heard some nightmares about EAs service in the past but my guy had everything sorted in about 5 minutes after only about 5 minutes of wait. very easy.

Message 6 of 9 (1,649 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My live help guy linked my account to my Origin account and not only can I still not create a spore account, but I can't access the game from the Origin copy he said he linked up for me.  I see it on my Games List and I hit play, but nothing loads.  I might have to try again tomorrow with a new guy.

Message 7 of 9 (1,341 Views)

★★★ Guide

@KyokoLioness wrote:

My live help guy linked my account to my Origin account and not only can I still not create a spore account, but I can't access the game from the Origin copy he said he linked up for me.  I see it on my Games List and I hit play, but nothing loads.  I might have to try again tomorrow with a new guy.

If your game is not loading up then this could be an issue with your computer, not EA.

Message 8 of 9 (1,335 Views)

★★★ Newbie
*Foul Language*

I FORGOT that Spore is an EA-game... (Yuppp! I'm Forgetful that way! *Sigh!*)

So... I can expect a HELLUvalong WAIT ... for EA-support, tomorrow, I guess?! Not daring to even CONSIDER, if it WILL be Helpful - at all...

I'm having the same registration-issue the rest of you are having.

Last time I NEEDED their help... they had just transferred the Danish-speaking helpdesk to Sweden... where I got hold of an Iranian "Service"-person... with such an unintelligible Swedish ...that I had to Give Up on the Help: An Involuntary The Sims-break... for a looong time.
The pronunciation was REALLY bad: Normally - I UNDERSTAND Swedish Written & Spoken language.

Then... I tried again - after that Looong "break":
I endned up in India... was referred to someone speaking British - and ended up in the States.
But they DID "come Through". USEFUL help WAS given! ...It just took me 1½ hours of being redirected Here-&-There... Back-&-.Forth...

But - unlike the guy in Sweden... they were ALL...VERY(!!!) POLITE - and TRYING to be SERIOUSLY Helpful - all the way through the conversations... wich was a NICE experience.

So - tomorrow: I'm Crossing My Fingers. Hoping for "Succes".
Message 9 of 9 (673 Views)