Re: Spore Account Creation or Login Issues FAQ

by Skibbidipop

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have the exact same problem. It's really annoying not being able to DL new stuff from the sporepedia like I used to do couple years ago. 

The error message that pops up is the same as yours guys. 

I hope they find a solution soon 

Message 91 of 142 (3,815 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Did anyone found a solution about this?

I just bought Spore off of steam to get all the online stuff and i learn i cant even use it. Ive already sent the refund request for it and all the DLCs,

I can still cancel if there is a way to get this to work but if i cant use the online features i might as well just go back to the cracked version

Message 92 of 142 (3,806 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don't know if they are going to ever fix it since there has been no comunication about it from an official source. But if they do, you'd better keep the real version, so you can enjoy all the possibilities of the sporepedia (man it's so great you don't even imagine)

Message 93 of 142 (3,792 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I deleted the .prop file that is suggested in the first solution, and it worked for me, but I'm on origin.
Message 94 of 142 (3,765 Views)

★★★ Newbie

when i try to login to my account it says: "login failed" there was an error connecting to the spore servers. your computer might be offline or your internet connection may be having problems. check your connection or visit spore.com for additional assistance or server status". and all of that after i already fixed other connection problem. i tried to change password and checking my connection but i cant fix it. i am having this problem for almost half an year. someone plz help

Message 95 of 142 (3,747 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The link for to the article for how to create a Spore account correctly is nolonger valid. Result in a page does not exist error.

Message 96 of 142 (3,743 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Origin or Steam? Did you try deleting the login.prop file? It is found in C: \ Users \ <UserName> \ AppData \ Roaming \ Spore \ Preference for Windows 7 users.

Message 97 of 142 (3,737 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I dint get any of these error messages, mine says: ''an unknown error occurred during registration''

Message 98 of 142 (3,724 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Same here.  Just bought the collection on Steam and can't register.

Edit: Also just tried deleting login.prop to no effect.

Edit Edit: https://steamcommunity.com/app/17390/discussions/0/492379159712641872/

That worked.

Message 99 of 142 (3,641 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi. I need help loging in. I get an error message that says "There was an error connecting to spore servers. Your computer may be offline or your internet connection may be having problems. Check your connection or visit Spore.com for additional assistance or server status". please reply

Message 100 of 142 (3,548 Views)