Re: Spore Account Creation or Login Issues FAQ

by RiotshieldNoob

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Have the same problem, and so does everyone at the moment. I have a disc copy of Spore that isnt connected to Steam, but I also have the Steam version because it was cheap with both DLC. The Spore on disc works connecting to my account. I dunno whats going on, everyone knows EA support is a little dodgy, but this kind of problem just makes them look like a novice unprofessional company. For now, i'd say just wait around.

Message 11 of 142 (8,103 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also have this issue, I'm unable to mae a new account or use my old one from 4/5 years ago. I'm aware this is a very old game now. Have the servers been closed down or will this be temporary?

Message 12 of 142 (8,090 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

Update! I tried again today, using my old account. Turns out the issue was I was trying to pick an already taken screen name. I have managed to connect now so I know the servers are still up. I hope everyone making a new account find a solution soon!

@RiotshieldNoob wrote:

I also have this issue, I'm unable to mae a new account or use my old one from 4/5 years ago. I'm aware this is a very old game now. Have the servers been closed down or will this be temporary?

Message 13 of 142 (8,086 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So, got this game from a friend and used the CD-Key. He says he has no account for spore, but it wont let me in at all. It says the registration code cannot be Validated. Is there something else I should do? Or can contacting the game advisor help.

Message 14 of 142 (8,074 Views)

★★ Novice

i've tried editing the pomp file but nothing.... and the spore.com site gives out 404 errors

Message 15 of 142 (8,021 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I bought Galactic Adventures two weeks ago and have done little but try to get it to work.

I have now installed it on two completely different machines with exactly the same results(no surprise). 

Origin recognizes my key properly. 

Spore.com in-game does not recognize that I own GA.

It shows Spore and C&C but not GA.

Without the EA NETWORK sharing my authorization properly I CANNOT UPLOAD OR USE ONLINE FEATURES. 

Without someone at EA at 2nd or 3rd tier support's direct intervention I cannot PLAY THE GAME I PAID FOR.

14 days and COUNTING. Where do I get a refund?

Message 16 of 142 (7,860 Views)

http://spore.wikia.com/wiki/Glitches/Major_Glitches

★★★★ Novice

Spore thinks you do not own Galactic Adventures or Creepy and Cute Glitch

Sometimes, if you buy either Galactic Adventures or Creepy and Cute, more likely through Steam, the Spore website will think you do not own those expansion packs, treating you like you own only the base game, and will refuse to upload any of your creations that possesses GA/C&C exclusive parts. This glitch is a gamewrecker. You can upload creatures with only Core Spore, Exoskeleton Limbs and Bot Parts normally, but creatures possessing Galactic Adventures and Creepy and Cute parts, while they show up as 'shared' in your Sporepedia, do not appear in the official Sporepedia, therefore, other players cannot meet your creations or play your adventures. Adventures that are shared with this glitch have their 'shared' icon, but the times played and rating GUI doesn't appears. Any GA/C&C creature 'shared' with this glitch do not have the comments and 'Games used' tab.

Exibit A: Games tagged with this glitch unproperly display their uploaded creations. In this case, this user has made and published 33 creations, but the 'My Spore' page claims only 12 have been made and published.

SOLUTION: Contact EA Support, and ask for assistance. Make sure you have a valid CD Key, or they will not be able to help you.

Confusedmileymad:

The REALITY: Contact EA Support and they will do nothing except run you around in circles re-installing software that's working perfectly fine and providing no ACTUAL SUPPORT.

Message 17 of 142 (7,856 Views)

★ Apprentice

i'm having the same problem before i got on today except i'm a steam customer of it

Message 18 of 142 (7,751 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

The error message I get is none of these, instead after being prompted for a while with Invalid user login (which was obviously an error since I could log in just fine at the spore website)
I now get prompted with this message:

"There was an error connecting to the spore servers. Your computer might be offline or your internet connection may be having problems. Check your connection or visit Spore.com for additional assistance or server status."
I have 4 out of 5 internet connection bars, please help. I even tried posting my issue at the spore website but for some reason I'm not allowed to post.

Message 19 of 142 (7,654 Views)

Hi @JC787 ,

That's the bug report from a server , which is still in maintenance work.
http://answers.ea.com/t5/Spore/Update-Server-downtime-notification/m-p/4674798#U4674798

That means

You can't play online
Login isn't possible (Sporepedia)
Possible a login to www.spore.com
Upload / Download of creations doesn't work
Sporepedia is completely down

If you have problems another way, example your account. Please feel free and contact a game advisor, follow the instructions -
Press the orange button "Contact us" 

https://help.ea.com

I hope that answered your question

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden. Ich liebe das Mobile Gaming, besonders die Simpsons Springfield …

Die Simpsons Springfield -  Zeigt her euer Springfield

Die Sims 2 - Meine Stories

———-
Message 20 of 142 (7,649 Views)