Re: Spore for Steam, can't log into servers, the REAL fix 2016

by FaZe_Rato

Original Post

Re: [Solution] Spore for Steam - Can't log in to servers

★★★ Novice

This is amazing but i dont think itl help cuz i * up my DLC.

Message 171 of 242 (2,882 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So I already downloaded the game(s) on steam before reading this.

Do I need to uninstall then install via origin or will it somehow understand or overwrite the previous download?

Message 172 of 242 (2,824 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@donnacook81 I know its an old post but can I uninstall EA origins after logging in, thanks.
Message 173 of 242 (2,775 Views)

★★ Novice
@CapnMargan Precisely. I'm beginning the EA support process, and I suspect they haven't got a clue. Can't login via steam or origin no matter what I do - reset password etc etc
Message 174 of 242 (2,688 Views)

★ Novice

I dont get up the register button what should i do?

Message 175 of 242 (2,597 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@carcrusher15 thanks this was very helpfull
Message 176 of 242 (2,373 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Nils
I honestly can't believe i buy a game on steam and have too go to another app just to be able to log in. You guys do see how * stupid this is right? what is the damn point?
Message 177 of 242 (2,338 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

(It was my PASSWORD)

Good Day All,

I wanted to send this response as I have found a solution that deals with this issue but is not rooted in confirming product registration. I too was unable to login into the Spore server and I tried all of the helpful tips from the EA support staff and nothing. When I say everything I mean it, I cleared my cache, flushed my DNS, checked product key codes, etc. Nothing was working until I came across a stray comment on a similar post that was in the Steam forum. A user said that his password was too long and then it clicked. Older application didn't have as wide of a net for acceptable passwords like the time frame of when this game first came out. Currently, my password was alphanumeric with special characters and quite lengthy. Anyways, I updated my password to a shorter length and removed all of the special characters and bam the login worked. I shared this info with EA in the off chance they do a small patch on their acceptable passwords for the game but I doubt it. Hope this helps some of you.

Message 178 of 242 (2,249 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

My password is already short and I can't change it to a shorter one without an uppercase letter. How did you change yours to something not complex?

Message 179 of 242 (2,102 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much! I just downloaded this game from steam and can confirm that in 2020, this technique still is functional.  

Message 180 of 242 (1,979 Views)