by SpyroMalin

Original Post

Re: Spore for Steam, can't log into servers, the REAL fix 2016

★★★★★ Newbie

I got spore through steam and I got the product code and it still doesn't work

Message 51 of 242 (4,372 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here, also got Spore through Steam.

Have a functioning EA account and a functioning Spore accout (can log into www.spore.com), however the CD key is not accepted on the website for online access. Therefore inside Spore it keeps saying it cannot connect to servers.

Message 52 of 242 (4,335 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I already have a spore account but if i try to login to it, it wont work

Message 53 of 242 (4,323 Views)

EA Sims Team

If you have a Spore account, when you log the game simply click LOGIN and put in your Spore/Origin/EA email and password.

If you can log in at www.spore.com and you see Sporepedia, then you have a Spore account. If you don't see the Sporepedia then you need to create your Spore Persona in game like the OP wrote.

Message 54 of 242 (4,313 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I just bought the game on a sale, cant register a spore account can you please help me out?

Message 55 of 242 (4,304 Views)

Re: [Solution] Spore for Steam - Can't log in to servers

★ Novice

For anyone still having trouble: this solution of carcrusher works, there is just one thing you must have in mind. When you register your key on origin, there will be a few options to choose, dont choose -acces to spore.com bla bla bla- it will say the key cannot be redeem there, instead choose -Spore tm blablabla-.

It worked for me on ea site, on account section in redeem code.

Note that you will be able to login when you can login to Sporum, that is a good check if your acc works. As crusher mentioned you have to register your account when you launch game (in field where you have login, password, and ingame name to choose) but after you redeemed keys.

Message 56 of 242 (4,288 Views)

EA DICE Team

Note to everyone:

We’re running maintenance on Spore from 2:00 p.m. PT on March 17, 2017 until March 19, 2017. The servers will be back online on March 20, 2017.

More information is available in the following article:

https://help.ea.com/en/help/origin/origin/spore-maintenance-and-updated-spore-client/

Message 57 of 242 (4,271 Views)

★ Novice

It says to go to ea.com, so i do. Then I  Go to redeem a code on accounts, but it sends me to another sight witch loops me back to ea.com!

Message 58 of 242 (4,249 Views)

EA DICE Team

@MyPermanent

And which website is the other one where you're being referred to?

The easiest thing that I can recommend is to reach out to an EA Advisor to have them redeem the code for you:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/How-to-contact-EA-Help/td-p/5650100

Message 59 of 242 (4,221 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi,

[deleted content]

I managed to resolve my connectivity issue: when trying to redeem the Spore base game, the default English choice is the wrong one. Try the second English option.

I thought I'd add this info, in case someone else still has troubles logging on to the Spore server.

Message 60 of 242 (4,187 Views)