Re: Spore for Steam, can't log into servers, the REAL fix 2016

by Freggi-Liz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Solution] Spore for Steam - Can't log in to servers

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

This is how you REALLY connect to spore servers through steam: here are the instructions, download Origin client, app, whatever you call it from the website, then go to your spore game on Steam and right click it, go to manage and click on CD Keys, and then it will bring up a box showing your key, hit copy to clipboard. Next install origin client and log in/create account, then hover over the origin tab on the top left, and hit redeem product code. keep in mind, even though it may have the play button on the origin client, it wont work, so you still have to launch it through steam. Finally go to the bottom left of the spore game and click register, DO NOT HIT LOG IN, hit register spore account, type in your info and then hit enter, and if you did it right, you should be logged in to your new account, and then thereon you can use the log in button to log in. -Your welcome

Edit: It has now been 6 years since I made this post, and this is my first time ever bothering to edit it. I must amend to this guide now that you can no longer view CD keys due to a massive oversight and exploit in the EA play system allowing the generation of free CD keys, documented by "The Spiffing Brit" on youtube. If you go to get your key now it will simply say "Requesting key...". I have been told that customer support at Origin can help you get your key registered onto Origin from the Steam platform, but I have not tried it myself as I have no need. 

If customer support can't help you:

Request a refund on steam, even if you are over the typical 2 hour limit you can still provide a reasoning, saying a major part of the game functionality is broken. It is fairly likely that they will approve your request. The money will go to your Steam wallet and you won't be able to spend it on Origin, but just go buy Spore & DLC on Origin and spend the Steam wallet funds on some other game you've got your eyes on.

Hope this edit clarifies for the future, I get an email every couple of weeks about getting XP for this thread and It's nice to see people still care about this game.

Message 1 of 242 (190,587 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

OMG You are amazing......Thank you so much. This fix works 100%

But just to clarify for people.....

Type into Google "Origin client download" and then download and install.

Then go back to steam and right click on Spore to get CD key/keys.

Then log in to Origin and redeem these CD code/codes.

Then make spore account using your Origin login details.

I say keys and codes cause I had the original Spore + Galactic Adventures + Cute and Creepy so had to redeem 3 times.

P.S. I'm from the UK but must have registered to EA/Origin through the US site so when redeeming codes you might have to select English US rather than English UK.

Additional solution provided by @Elocara:

I managed to resolve my connectivity issue: when trying to redeem the Spore base game, the default English choice is the wrong one. Try the second English option.

I thought I'd add this info, in case someone else still has troubles logging on to the Spore server.

View in thread

Message 8 of 242 (227,358 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@carcrusher15 Hi,

Thank you for sharing what worked for you, much appreciated.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 2 of 242 (190,263 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

launch spore through steam or add origin to steam and launch that?

and also what if you already have a spore account?

Message 3 of 242 (189,887 Views)

Community Manager

@cooldude2049 Hi,

If you already have a Spore account, what happens when you try to log in with it within the game?

Cheers,

Nils

Message 4 of 242 (189,871 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@EA_Nils I just made a new account and followed his steps and but it wont let me register a spore account i tried 19 times and it keeps saying "An unknown error occured, try again"  Teeth bared

Message 5 of 242 (189,860 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The exact same thing is going on here - just getting messages on unexspected errors and no internet connection - which there is....

Message 6 of 242 (189,835 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yeah unexpected errors as in giant glitch so the game becomes more boring :P

Message 7 of 242 (189,819 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

OMG You are amazing......Thank you so much. This fix works 100%

But just to clarify for people.....

Type into Google "Origin client download" and then download and install.

Then go back to steam and right click on Spore to get CD key/keys.

Then log in to Origin and redeem these CD code/codes.

Then make spore account using your Origin login details.

I say keys and codes cause I had the original Spore + Galactic Adventures + Cute and Creepy so had to redeem 3 times.

P.S. I'm from the UK but must have registered to EA/Origin through the US site so when redeeming codes you might have to select English US rather than English UK.

Additional solution provided by @Elocara:

I managed to resolve my connectivity issue: when trying to redeem the Spore base game, the default English choice is the wrong one. Try the second English option.

I thought I'd add this info, in case someone else still has troubles logging on to the Spore server.

Message 8 of 242 (227,359 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thanks so much @donnacook81 for your detailed guide I'm sure it will helps so many folks to solve the problem. Thumbs up

Cheers

Liz

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden. Ich liebe das Mobile Gaming, besonders die Simpsons Springfield …

Die Simpsons Springfield -  Zeigt her euer Springfield

Die Sims 2 - Meine Stories

———-
Message 9 of 242 (189,760 Views)

Community Manager

@donnacook81 Thanks from me as well. I have marked your post as the new solution to this thread as it clarifies what had been pointed out in the original message and will help anyone else experiencing this.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 10 of 242 (189,713 Views)