Re: Significant Data Loss in The Simpsons: Tapped Out

by EA_Shepard

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@8110Charlie Hey, sorry to hear that your game has lost data. This is an easy fix if your account has the saves in order to restore that save. It can take some time, but @Bafanc is correct. Community Managers have no way to do this over the forums. Posting here would not get this resolved because it isn't a bug or a technical issue with the game. These types of issues happen all the time with mobile games.

Just to put some ease to it. I've worked with the game since right after release. I have also been playing since maybe 2015 so I understand losing out on data would be super frustrating.

To make it less painful when contacting support, follow the steps above, and create a case in the game. In the subject say that you need to have the game restored to whatever level you were before the game reset to what it is now.

They have to go in and review logs to find that save and make sure that is one to restore for you. That is not something that typically happens over a few minutes. Chat may be able to get it done with you, but generally speaking, this would take me a good hour depending on how many saves you have. 

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 11 of 15 (152 Views)

Re: Lost all my progress - Significant Data Loss

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@8110Charlie You will need to reply by and let them know. Letting us know here will not resolve that as we have no way to change what saves they loaded your game too. Community MAnagers are not support and therefore we don't have the ability to change the game to the correct one.

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 12 of 15 (138 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Is not resolved, I have try several times to contact the support team and is almost impossible, for chat support says 10 minutes in line but I have wait about 2 hours and no answer. 

I have review all stuff in vault and there are a lot of missing items, for example there are no stuff about Monorail I had everysingle station and stuff to passthrough the mountains, mountains decors. There are some stuff which are not mine, I think they restore a game from another account or something crazy.

I'm thinking between two options: start over or to stop playing this game and any other game from EA.

Message 13 of 15 (107 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@8110CharlieI am only posting this to try and help you. You are putting a lot of effort into telling us here at the forum essentially the same thing . I feel your frustration but there is only 1 path to resolving this. Through EA support. While it may be very frustrating to do this, nothing else will get get this resolved. From my experience with "the glitch" in two towns it took a lot of effort and patience, but I got a support person who understood and helped. I mad a set of notes,with the issue layed out in sequence , and explained step by step what happened. I did that multiple times until I got a person who understood the issue.
Be prepared, you may not get you town back perfectly, but the loss should be minimal. @EA_Shepard has given you good advice. Keep us posted here at the forum how it goes, but remember we can not fix this, only support can.
Good luck.

Message 14 of 15 (99 Views)

Community Manager

@8110Charlie I am sorry to hear that content is still missing and the land is not correct. I wish that we could resolve that here but he forums are not the place for it. We have no visibility into resolving that as we are not live support. That has to be handled with support and not AHQ threads. 

What I would suggest is to reply to the original case, put in the date that it was last working, and make a request for that day or the day before in case there is no save for that date. The mobile team has to go through the logs and check it. If it isn't right, you have to speak with them about that part.

EA_ShepardAHQ

Message 15 of 15 (63 Views)