Significant Data Loss in The Simpsons: Tapped Out

by 8110Charlie

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Significant Data Loss in The Simpsons: Tapped Out

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hi there,

I'm writing to report a serious issue with my progress in The Simpsons: Tapped Out (Springfield). As a level 939 player who dedicates several hours daily on the same device, I experienced a significant data loss on May 11th, 2024, in the afternoon. Upon logging back in, I noticed roughly three weeks' worth of gameplay tasks were missing.

On May 12th, I contacted EA Customer Experience (Incident #177917629) to seek recovery of my lost game data. While Advisor Siddharth A. attempted a game recovery, the process resulted in further losses. While most buildings and characters (around 98%) remained, all expansions (terrain), character actions, and countless hours of progress were wiped out.

Frustrated by this outcome, I contacted EA Customer Experience again using the same incident ID. Unfortunately, the subsequent advisors were either unhelpful or caused further data loss through recovery attempts. At this point, I'm deeply discouraged and have lost motivation to continue playing.

I kindly request your assistance in restoring my lost game data and regaining the progress I've invested in.

Message 2 of 15 (360 Views)

Accepted Solution

Rif.: Significant Progress Loss

Hero

@8110Charlie  ha scritto:
@Bafanc Hello, I contacted the support 3 times, as last solution they said to open a topic here, this is a nightmare, I lost years and thousands of hours and of course real money

I read about losing 3 weeks of gameplay, not years!

In any case, if you have receipts for your purchases, present them to support and ask them to give you back what you lost (if they can't give you back your lost progress).
There is also an option in the game (by clicking on the gear icon, present at the top right of the shop screen, which talks about "Restore my purchases"); you could try to see if it gives you back at least the purchases made from the market.

InCollage_20240513_141203335.jpg

For the rest..I honestly don't see how anyone here on the forum can help you back up your game progress.

NEVER FEAR, BAFAN IS HERE!

[Bafan The Wolfman]

CCP Hero Banner

View in thread

Message 7 of 15 (327 Views)

All Replies

Lost all my progress - Significant Data Loss (Incident #177917629)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi there,

I'm writing to report a serious issue with my progress in The Simpsons: Tapped Out (Springfield). As a level 939 player who dedicates several hours daily on the same device, I experienced a significant data loss on May 11th, 2024, in the afternoon. Upon logging back in, I noticed roughly three weeks' worth of gameplay tasks were missing.

On May 12th, I contacted EA Customer Experience (Incident #177917629) to seek recovery of my lost game data. While Advisor Siddharth A. attempted a game recovery, the process resulted in further losses. While most buildings and characters (around 98%) remained, all expansions (terrain), character actions, and countless hours of progress were wiped out.

Frustrated by this outcome, I contacted EA Customer Experience again using the same incident ID. Unfortunately, the subsequent advisors were either unhelpful or caused further data loss through recovery attempts. At this point, I'm deeply discouraged and have lost motivation to continue playing.

I kindly request your assistance in restoring my lost game data and regaining the progress I've invested in.

Sincerely,

Charlie

Message 1 of 15 (304 Views)

Significant Progress Loss

★★★★★ Novice

Hi there,

On May 12th, I contacted EA Customer Experience to seek recovery of my lost game data. The Advisor attempted a game recovery, the process resulted in further losses. While most buildings and characters (around 98%) remained, all expansions (terrain), character actions, and countless hours of progress were wiped out.

Help me! 12 years playing this game

Message 3 of 15 (359 Views)

Hero
@8110Charlie this forum is designed to report bugs, discuss the game and exchange help and advice between users; here no one can access your game and its saves.
If you have an open ticket with support, I recommend continuing with them!
Personally I can give you my opinion on what happened, but it would only be that, because, as I wrote before, none of us can know what really happened to you, except the operators who are following your case.

My advice for everyone and for the future is to go to the nearby area (and maybe return to the city) before closing the game, so as to synchronize the online game progress and ensure that it does not remain only on our device ( where they could be lost)... however, I believe that this is unlikely to be your case, because when the game app is reopened, a synchronization with the EA servers is performed!

[Bafan The Wolfman]

CCP Hero Banner

Message 4 of 15 (348 Views)

Re: Lost all my progress - Significant Data Loss (Incident #177917629)

This Forum is provided by EA but is designed as Player helping/advising other Players.

What do you think another player can do that you yourself can not do?

Unfortunately you need to go back to support as no one here can help you with this issue

Contact EA support in game: saw&hammer icon > top right in the popup "get help"
or use the web https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/?product=the-simpsons-tapped-out&community=true. Same login as the game.
Or if you prefer Twitter or FB, links are at the bottom of the page

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 5 of 15 (297 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Bafanc Hello, I contacted the support 3 times, as last solution they said to open a topic here, this is a nightmare, I lost years and thousands of hours and of course real money
Message 6 of 15 (342 Views)

Hero

@8110Charlie  ha scritto:

I read about losing 3 weeks of gameplay, not years!

In any case, if you have receipts for your purchases, present them to support and ask them to give you back what you lost (if they can't give you back your lost progress).
There is also an option in the game (by clicking on the gear icon, present at the top right of the shop screen, which talks about "Restore my purchases"); you could try to see if it gives you back at least the purchases made from the market.

InCollage_20240513_141203335.jpg

For the rest..I honestly don't see how anyone here on the forum can help you back up your game progress.

[Bafan The Wolfman]

CCP Hero Banner

Message 7 of 15 (328 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hello, at the first I contacted EA support was because I lost 3 weeks of gameplay, but they did something on my game which reset the game probabbly years ago, 98% of my buidings and characters are in the vault, I have to select each one and click in Use, when I click in use the character appears to start over all tasks, I had a lot of money at the game and also I buyed every sigle terrain, I had a huge city, 12 years of gameplay, where's my game? where's my monoriel? I'm very frustated. I already click on restore purchases, the only way to solve this is the support team to restore back my game to May 11st 2024. #SOS #HELP I want to cry Frown

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-13 at 8.30.01 AM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-13 at 8.30.00 AM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-12 at 8.38.42 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-13 at 8.30.00 AM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-12 at 8.38.42 PM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-13 at 8.55.14 AM (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-13 at 8.55.14 AM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-13 at 8.55.14 AM.jpeg

Message 8 of 15 (307 Views)

Community Manager

@8110Charlie Hey, sorry to hear that you have lost some content like that. @minicha-em is correct though. Community Managers cannot resolve this one. On a side note, I have worked with this game and the tools with the game for a while. Resetting, or updating the land can get it resolved back to where it was, however, if they do a rollback of the land to resolve an issue, content can be lost. Sadly that is how the rollbacks work. It is like loading up a previously saved file.

You can reply to the last case if the case was not closed, but ultimately, the mobile team that handles these titles has to load up your game while you are not logged in and get that resolved.

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 9 of 15 (281 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hello, the support team didn't work, they put my city worst than ever! Looks like is not my city, they made a restore but looks like they restored a city from another user Confused, there are some buildigns I bought that are available to buy it again. Very crazy! 12 years of gameplay almost lost.

I bought all terrain but here shows to buy it. 

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-13 at 8.30.01 AM.jpeg

All characters have their tasks undone Confused I made those tasks many years ago. The money available is not the same I had, I had a lot of money there and 5 stars.

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-13 at 8.55.14 AM.jpeg

All characters are in vault.

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-12 at 8.38.42 PM (1).jpeg

Message 10 of 15 (273 Views)