SPORE - BAD DATA/CRASHES/LANGUAGE CHANGE

by Octarin

Original Post

SPORE - BAD DATA/CRASHES/LANGUAGE CHANGE

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I have been trying for TWO DAYS now to install and play the Spore Digital Deluxe I bought for my son on PC. For TWO WHOLE DAYS and it's still not fixed, I'm coming up against the following issues:

1. I CAN'T CHANGE THE LANGUAGE. I don't want to play in Greek, I want to play in English. I have tried all the various methods mentioned both here and elsewhere on the web, but the ONLY THING THAT WORKS is when I delete the locale directory for el_gr, which results to the next issue, to wit:

2. BAD DATA/CRASH ON NEW GAME/C&C CONTENT DISAPPEARS. What it says.

I really don't understand why I should be having this issue, it's a simple language change to ENGLISH ffs, it's not to some weird and archaic language that nobody's heard of. The Greek translation of the game is virtually unplayable, it's that bad. I just want to change the language to English WITHOUT MY GAME CRASHING IRREPARABLY, why the frell is that so much to ask?! I've made TWO cases with support, they have ignored me gloriously, so here I am. 

If anyone can help, I'm desperate by now. 

EA techs/devs: you should be ashamed.

Message 1 of 2 (501 Views)

Re: SPORE - BAD DATA/CRASHES/LANGUAGE CHANGE

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

OK I think this might work:

I went to the Origin client > Settings > Game properties > Advanced launch options and I input "-locale:en-us" in the command line options. I restarted and it seems to not be crashing for now, but it does that, appear not to crash and crash again later, so I'll be back...

Message 2 of 2 (488 Views)