Betreff: Randomly Generated Characters replaced Saved ones

by Raptiliatv

Original Post

Randomly Generated Characters replaced Saved ones

★ Novice

My daughter has being playing this game a ton lately, and saving often. She made it halfway through the Tribal stage last night, I saved it and exited the game at bed time. This morning though, when she opened it up displays all her worlds with "?" and when she clicks on them it randomly generates a new creature for her.  I've tried a few fixes that I've seen posted already.

If I reinstalled the game would she have to start over?

In my appdata/roaming/spore I have a game0 and a game0.old (with timestamps that correlate to her last save). 

She has no mods.

All her creatures are in her My Creations folder still.

I've tried deleting cache files, restarting the game/computer and swapping files in the game0 and game0.old.  I've reverted everything I've tried so I should be a blank slate now =P  I just don't want to reinstall the game if my kids will lose their progress.

Message 1 of 4 (416 Views)

Hi @Raptiliatv 

This happens only then. When a creature has too many parts. The name of the creature is not well chosen

How do I backup spore and saved games
... \ AppData \ Roaming \ SPORE
C: \ Users \ [Username] \ Documents \ My Spore Creations.

If you play these files back in a new installation, you should have all the content again, included saved games

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …
Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden.
❤️ TSTO - Die Simpsons Springfield
❤️ Sims Freeplay.. ❤️ Sims 2-3-4 auf MBP

Meine Sims 4 Geschichten und Kreationen 

Message 2 of 4 (379 Views)

★ Novice

It would be a weird reason for the game to break as she isn’t one to push the limits on her creations, I have been doing that for years on my own PC however lol. 

I will back back up her Spore and reinstall. I’ll let you know if it helps. 

Message 3 of 4 (370 Views)

★ Novice

I did as you said, and it still is generating random creatures on her saved worlds.  I guess it's time to start from scratch.

Message 4 of 4 (365 Views)