Radar in spore is gone?

by iAmAbbyLol

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Radar in spore is gone?

★★ Novice

My radar (unlocked in space stage) doesn't work! (SPOILERS!!!) For the first mission, you have to find a spaceship wreak (sorry if its wrong) by using the radar, for me, where ever I go on the planet, wont work! I tried finding it alone but it wont show up and my radar wont work! I tried listen for the beep noise but I didn't hear it (the beeping noise indicates if you are close or far away)!

It worked for me before but after a few crashed (and lost games... R.I.P Mares (Mares was my fave planet)) It just... didnt work! Please help as i want to enjoy this game as its fullest possibility!

Thx, Abby Disappointed

Message 1 of 9 (2,205 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Radar in spore is gone?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Very rarely, there is a bug that occurs where the generation of the planet fails. In your solar system, some planets are scripted to always spawn (Gas giant, moon, and one planet). The one planet in this case is always the exact same in every save file, in this case, it didn't look like the planet spawned according to the script, causing the crashed ship to not spawn.

The only way around this is to either start over or to cheat. Using 'Spacecreate' this will allow you to exit the system and play. You just won't be able to finish your homeworld missions.

View in thread

Message 7 of 9 (2,049 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

The radar only has a limited range @iAmAbbyLol so the best thing to do is fly around the planet until you find it. 

Have you checked your settings to ensure that you have not turned it off?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 9 (2,176 Views)

★★ Novice
Yes, i said in my post that i flew around but it didnt work. I am sure it is on as it worked for the captain badge training thing.
Message 3 of 9 (2,168 Views)

Community Manager

It may take a while to find it @iAmAbbyLol as from what I remember the radar only comes on when close to an object.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 9 (2,158 Views)

★★ Novice
Whatever I try, it just wont work. i covered every mm of the planet and still, no radar. Do you have to be at a certain level on the planet?
Message 5 of 9 (2,141 Views)

check if you have activated your radar. Signals come only, when you are in the near of Spore bucks, or other objects. If you play vanilla spore, just play in the Basic game. 

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden. Ich liebe das Mobile Gaming, besonders die Simpsons Springfield …

Die Simpsons Springfield -  Zeigt her euer Springfield

Die Sims 2 - Meine Stories

———-
Message 6 of 9 (2,063 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Very rarely, there is a bug that occurs where the generation of the planet fails. In your solar system, some planets are scripted to always spawn (Gas giant, moon, and one planet). The one planet in this case is always the exact same in every save file, in this case, it didn't look like the planet spawned according to the script, causing the crashed ship to not spawn.

The only way around this is to either start over or to cheat. Using 'Spacecreate' this will allow you to exit the system and play. You just won't be able to finish your homeworld missions.

Message 7 of 9 (2,050 Views)

★★ Novice
Ahh! Thanks! I'll put this as the solution.

Many thanks, Abby.
Message 8 of 9 (1,972 Views)

★★★ Newbie
ok, I have reinstalled the game played space stage from cell stage 2 times, tried starting from space stage 2 times, and i did all of these before and after the reinstall I HAVE SEEN 3 DIFFERENT PLANETS AND HAVE VERIFIED THE INTEGRITY OF THE GAME FILES, (damn i hate caps lock) searched the internet for every possible solution, and come up with NOTHING what im talking about is the first space mission in spore, when you have to go to your first different planet and use the radar but the radar does NOTHING and I can't find the shipwreck i have searched every inch of the planet and I just want to play space stage. (this is my second time playing through the game but the first time, because of the radar, I never made it past space stage)
Message 9 of 9 (1,409 Views)