Re: J. Edgar Hoover Bundle Glitch

by 1-Graham-S

Original Post

Re: J Edgar Hoover GLITCH STILL NOT RESOLVED - NO CHARACTER OR DONUTS RETURNED.

[ Edited ]

@johnredcorn1 - the trick to KEM farming isn't to have tons, it's to do a few and sell them when they're completed and you get the XP so you can build a few more.

It helps to build your bonus. For example my 14 month old C town has a bonus of just over 2,400%, so it only takes 4 KEMs with the Collider on for a million XP.

If you have a high enough bonus and a game earning plenty of $$s you could consider high-value decorations like the Rat Trap Truck. Place, collect and sell a bunch of those and you get the donuts straight away.

CCP Hero Banner 2 Grande.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
PS - NO ADD ME'S   List is too full, sorry

Like you I'm only a player, but I hope I can help Standard smile
Message 51 of 59 (365 Views)

Hero

@johnredcorn1 You should try for your refund through the app store or EA. Getting a chargeback through your bank can result in a game ban. https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/returns-and-cancellations/

Message 52 of 59 (347 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

It’s through the App Store. I just wish EA Help would actually help and just give me my stuff back. Either way, nobody should get banned because of their mistake. 

Message 53 of 59 (334 Views)

Hero

@johnredcorn1 you specifically said through your bank so i thought i would warn you not to do that. It may be EAs mistake in how the items were in the store, but getting a chargeback would be your mistake as there are other ways to get help. Currently it is the weekend and the event lasts for another week and a half. There is plenty of time to get through and the app store should refund you anyway.

Message 54 of 59 (328 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Won’t happen. Unless you can somehow prove the donuts were purchased vs using earned over time, you have no hope of getting any back. A costly glitch you ain’t gonna recover from. Sorry.

Message 55 of 59 (314 Views)

Hero

This site is player helping player. Sometimes the community manager will post here some info or will communicate issues to the devs but they are community manager not support people. They cannot help you here.

Thousands of other players have the same issue as you and getting through may be hard. You will have better luck if you wait a couple days and try again during US Central Time Business hours and get the option for a phone call or live chat. You can try them on twitter as well. Email is the worst way to get help as you have discovered. But since they have so many people contacting them it will be hard to get a phone call.other people with other issues may have different outcomes. Depends on the issue.

This is not unique to EA.

You already put in for a refund from the app store. If they won't give it to you then contact ea again as above.

If you don't want to give them money then learn to farm donuts. It doesn't take much room and it doesn't have to make your town look bad.

Message 56 of 59 (297 Views)

Re: [RESOLVED] J. Edgar Hoover Bundle Not Granting Character

★ Novice

This issue is still ongoing. I had the same thing happen to me March 22nd 2024 and submitted help through  the game as directed by EA and did everything they said. All I gent are emails back asking me to do the same thing over and over. I even provided screen shotsI spent an additional 1 hour 45 minutes in chat with an EA rep to only tell me they can't help me or refund my 140 donuts spent. They said they will report the bug though. This has been the worse customer service Ea has provided and basically telling me too bad. I just want 140 donuts back at this point since I don't have J. Edgar Hoover. I have been a EA customer for years and this customer service is completely disappointing and unacceptable. Disappointed member, Ctalleyrun871

Message 57 of 59 (252 Views)

★ Novice

This is still not resolved. Please credit my donuts back

Message 58 of 59 (183 Views)

@ctalleyrun871 - this is a site for advice.

To get changes made to your game you need to use the advice posted by EA_Cade and contact EA Help.

Only they can access your game data, no-one here can

CCP Hero Banner 2 Grande.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
PS - NO ADD ME'S   List is too full, sorry

Like you I'm only a player, but I hope I can help Standard smile
Message 59 of 59 (169 Views)