Problem with using Creepy & Cute and being online at the same time.

by Khaosgnostic

Original Post

Re: Problem with using Creepy & Cute and being online at the same time.

★★★ Novice

@arthrfrts Thank you, I found it already and contacted them.

I do not blame you or anyone else at the AHQ forums, but seriously, having a support platform lead by unpaid volunteers from the community instead of employing professional customer supporters is very bad business practice.

I have also noted by searching the forums that others had the same problem and just wrote "I contacted customer support and they fixed it" instead of providing a solution. That is very poor practice, I hope I can contribute to remediate that if my ticket gets solved.

Message 11 of 18 (1,010 Views)

★ Guide
@Khaosgnostic That would be awesome! I keep a database of potential problems and their fixes to the Brazilian community and would love if you manage to find a solution for this issue so I can help others!
Message 12 of 18 (998 Views)

@Khaosgnostic wrote:

@Freggi-Liz Do you have any informations on how to fix my problem?

Sure, sure, I've a tip for you.

The problem sounds simple. The EP is not linked to your account. This error is only linked to Steam User , which buy CC about Steam, you cannot use the online features at the same time

Contact support and let CC manually link to your account.

If you would buy it via Origin, it would be automatically linked, so you need to contact the support for every EP or Basic Game.

Here we go!

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Answer-HQ/How-to-contact-a-Game-Advisor-using-the-new-EA-Help-page/m-p/2161...

Hope it helps you.

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden. Ich liebe das Mobile Gaming, besonders die Simpsons Springfield …

Die Simpsons Springfield -  Zeigt her euer Springfield

Die Sims 2 - Meine Stories

———-
Message 13 of 18 (984 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Message 14 of 18 (972 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@Freggi-LizThat was not the problem, I got confirmation from CS that everything was linked correctly. I might have a possible solution now, I will share it when I have confirmed that everything is working correctly.

Message 15 of 18 (969 Views)

★★★ Novice

@arthrfrts The problem was apparently that there were remnants of another installation of Spore on my computer. Here's an excerpt of the Customer supports's reply which I followed and that finally worked:

as I have checked your account and it seems that you have the content already on your account, however, you are facing this issue because the previous version of the Spore cannot be updated with Origin. Therefore, I would suggest you to re-install the Spore with revo un-installer. Here are the steps for yo:

1. Install Revo Un-installer http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html (paste this into your web browser to start the download)
3. Select the desired program (right click)
4. Select Un-install
2. Install and Run Revo Un-installer
5. Scanning Mode (Select Advanced)
6. Locate and delete left over files (Select All that apply, then delete) Choose next.
7. After Revo has removed the program please clean boot the PC and reinstall the title and the DLCs again.

I did exactly as suggested using the portable version of Revo Uninstaller, using the Refresh function in said program multiple times since it didn't find Spore in the beginning, then I uninstalled in the following order: local Galactic Adventures, local Creepy & Cute, local Spore, Steam Galactic Adventures, Steam Spore (it didn't let  me do Steam Creepy & Cute first), Steam Creepy & Cute. At every deinstallation step I deleted any Registry key which contained the word "Spore", none of the others, and every directory except the ones that contained Roaming, since I feared for losing my savegames.

After the reboot I installed it via Steam in the following order: Spore, Creepy & Cute. Started Spore, used my EA account, quit Spore, started Creepy & Cute, quit Creepy & Cute, installed Galactic Adventures, started Galactic Adventures. Now everything was available and functioning.

Thank you for your assistance and your patience.

Message 16 of 18 (2,890 Views)

★ Guide
@Khaosgnostic Glad to know, and happy that you can finally be able to use the Sporepedia!
Message 17 of 18 (948 Views)

Thank you @Khaosgnostic  for working out. I am glad that it works. 🙌

I’ve add your fix into Spore Master FAQ.

Cheers

Liz

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden. Ich liebe das Mobile Gaming, besonders die Simpsons Springfield …

Die Simpsons Springfield -  Zeigt her euer Springfield

Die Sims 2 - Meine Stories

———-
Message 18 of 18 (907 Views)