Re: Problem with using Creepy & Cute and being online at the same time.

by Freggi-Liz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Problem with using Creepy & Cute and being online at the same time.

★★★ Novice

Hello,

I got Spore, Creepy & Cute and Galactic Adventures on Steam. I registered it with Origin and was able to create a new EA account and use the online features.

I then stumbled upon the problem with the missing Creepy & Cute parts. I verified the Steam files on all three apps, I tried adding the commandline parameter "-BoosterPack_01.package", which both fixed nothing.

Then I copied BoosterPack_01.package to the Data folder and I was able to use the Creepy & Cute parts *BUT* I was unable to login to my EA account. This problem could be replicated and traced directly back to copying BoosterPack_01.package, so this seems to be an intentional behavior.

How can I *BOTH* use the Creepy & Cute parts *AND* be online with my EA account?

Note: The link to the Steam forums in the Master FAQ is broken.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 18 (2,070 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

@arthrfrts The problem was apparently that there were remnants of another installation of Spore on my computer. Here's an excerpt of the Customer supports's reply which I followed and that finally worked:

as I have checked your account and it seems that you have the content already on your account, however, you are facing this issue because the previous version of the Spore cannot be updated with Origin. Therefore, I would suggest you to re-install the Spore with revo un-installer. Here are the steps for yo:

1. Install Revo Un-installer http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html (paste this into your web browser to start the download)
3. Select the desired program (right click)
4. Select Un-install
2. Install and Run Revo Un-installer
5. Scanning Mode (Select Advanced)
6. Locate and delete left over files (Select All that apply, then delete) Choose next.
7. After Revo has removed the program please clean boot the PC and reinstall the title and the DLCs again.

I did exactly as suggested using the portable version of Revo Uninstaller, using the Refresh function in said program multiple times since it didn't find Spore in the beginning, then I uninstalled in the following order: local Galactic Adventures, local Creepy & Cute, local Spore, Steam Galactic Adventures, Steam Spore (it didn't let  me do Steam Creepy & Cute first), Steam Creepy & Cute. At every deinstallation step I deleted any Registry key which contained the word "Spore", none of the others, and every directory except the ones that contained Roaming, since I feared for losing my savegames.

After the reboot I installed it via Steam in the following order: Spore, Creepy & Cute. Started Spore, used my EA account, quit Spore, started Creepy & Cute, quit Creepy & Cute, installed Galactic Adventures, started Galactic Adventures. Now everything was available and functioning.

Thank you for your assistance and your patience.

View in thread

Message 16 of 18 (2,892 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide
@Khaosgnostic Did you tried uninstalling the Steam version and installing the Spore games through Origin?
Message 2 of 18 (2,047 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@arthrfrtsNo, I prefer running it through steam. I only use Origin to enable the online functionality.

Message 3 of 18 (2,045 Views)

★ Guide
@Khaosgnostic Maybe reinstall them on Steam then. Now that your Spore account is set up you theoretically can play any Spore version online.
Message 4 of 18 (2,039 Views)
Highlighted

Hi @Khaosgnostic 

Thank you for the information. I removed the broken link.

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden. Ich liebe das Mobile Gaming, besonders die Simpsons Springfield …

Die Simpsons Springfield -  Zeigt her euer Springfield

Die Sims 2 - Meine Stories

———-
Message 5 of 18 (2,009 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Freggi-Liz Do you have any informations on how to fix my problem?

Message 6 of 18 (2,001 Views)

★★★ Novice

@arthrfrts So, I deinstalled everything and reinstalled Spore. I started Spore and signed in to my EA account. I quit Spore, installed Creepy & Cute, started Creepy & Cute, logged into my EA account and the parts do *NOT* show up.

I am seriously beginning to become impatient. This has to be a problem that has happened to others too, there needs to be a solution to this. Does EA not have a somehow problem-solving oriented customer support? This is not customer-friendly.

Message 7 of 18 (1,995 Views)

★ Guide
@Khaosgnostic I don't know, actually. Nobody I know ever had this problem. Try searching using the search form, or go to EA Support on https://help.ea.com and talk to a game advisor, they could help you better on this issue.

We are all players around here at AHQ. Don't be impatient to us, we are only trying to help.
Message 8 of 18 (1,989 Views)

★★★ Novice

@arthrfrts That help.ea.com link leads back to the Answers HQ.

Message 9 of 18 (1,987 Views)

★ Guide
@Khaosgnostic You should be able to see a link to contact the EA Support: https://help.ea.com/contact-us/
Message 10 of 18 (1,980 Views)