Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Problem with the screen resolution in Spore

by AeddonM

Original Post

Problem with the screen resolution in Spore

★★★★ Novice

This is an issue I've had with my game for quite some time, and I figured I try to bring it up and get it fixed. So, my current monitor has a screen resolution of 1920x1080, and when I set the game resolution to that and restarted the game, everything was stretched vertically. A lot of the graphics were also shrunk, as though the FOV had been intensified or something which made it difficult to navigate menus. I tinkered around with other resolution options, but found that some of them didn't change much while others merely stretched it horizontally. Has anyone else had this issue?

Message 1 of 7 (653 Views)

Betreff: Problem with the screen resolution in Spore

Hi @AeddonM 

Thisis an older game, newer graphics cards are not addressed. You need to create a profile for Spore in your graphics card panel or try this setting over Origin

Origin Library -> Right click on ”Spore” click on -> Game Properties -> ”Advanced Launch Options” -> > type  -r.1920x1080 , press return

I don't work for EA - I'm just only help other users
Jag jobbar inte för EA - jag hjälper bara andra spelare
Ich bin nur ein Spieler der anderen hilft und kein EA Mitarbeiter.
Mvh/Yours Liz
Message 2 of 7 (634 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I'll give that try, thanks for the tip.
Message 3 of 7 (622 Views)

★★★★ Novice
So, I tried the -r.1920x1080 trick, but it didn't seem to change anything. I tried looking into making a profile on my graphics card, but I didn't see any options to do so when I was looking through the control panel. I'm currently running a GTX 650 Ti (which I know is outdated and obsolete). Do they even have an option to do so? The GeForce Experience managed to find all my steam games, but when I directed it to look through the origin files, it found nothing. I apologize if this question is outside of your domain, but my search for answers online was... lacking to say in the least.
Message 4 of 7 (607 Views)

I am not sure if it is really a issue of the game and not the graphics card causes this.

The graphic glitches is very unusual and I hear it for the first time.

When you launch the game, you have tried this button option!

Changes the screen orientation with
ctrl + alt + and arrow up or down or left or right

Mvh/Yours Liz
Message 5 of 7 (588 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@Freggi-Liz Granddaughter's Gaming laptop had same issue. Hers is Win 10 Home I believe. I HAD to go back into options and reset the resolution in there. For some unknown reason the software CHANGED the Res on it's own and it had a square image with black on either side of it. As I said this is not a basic laptop. I had it built to my specs by Acer(I build gaming Desktops for a living). I ALSO tried that fix to no avail, that is when I went back to options. I am hoping this helps others with this issue as well. I personally am at a loss how those settings got changed from what I had them set to. Is it Win 10?? Maybe, seen stranger things from Microsoft
Message 6 of 7 (301 Views)

@DrgnLrd214  ,

Sure, the settings should be retained when you have saved them. Why this does not do on the Acer laptop and they are always lost, unfortunately I can't answer !

Mvh/Yours Liz
Message 7 of 7 (279 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help