Betreff: Problem with the screen resolution in Spore

by AeddonM

Original Post

Problem with the screen resolution in Spore

★ Novice

This is an issue I've had with my game for quite some time, and I figured I try to bring it up and get it fixed. So, my current monitor has a screen resolution of 1920x1080, and when I set the game resolution to that and restarted the game, everything was stretched vertically. A lot of the graphics were also shrunk, as though the FOV had been intensified or something which made it difficult to navigate menus. I tinkered around with other resolution options, but found that some of them didn't change much while others merely stretched it horizontally. Has anyone else had this issue?

Message 1 of 7 (13,401 Views)

Hi @AeddonM 

Thisis an older game, newer graphics cards are not addressed. You need to create a profile for Spore in your graphics card panel or try this setting over Origin

Origin Library -> Right click on ”Spore” click on -> Game Properties -> ”Advanced Launch Options” -> > type  -r.1920x1080 , press return

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …
Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden.
❤️ TSTO - Die Simpsons Springfield
❤️ Sims Freeplay.. ❤️ Sims 2-3-4 auf MBP

Meine Sims 4 Geschichten und Kreationen 

Message 2 of 7 (13,382 Views)

★ Novice
I'll give that try, thanks for the tip.
Message 3 of 7 (13,371 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice
So, I tried the -r.1920x1080 trick, but it didn't seem to change anything. I tried looking into making a profile on my graphics card, but I didn't see any options to do so when I was looking through the control panel. I'm currently running a GTX 650 Ti (which I know is outdated and obsolete). Do they even have an option to do so? The GeForce Experience managed to find all my steam games, but when I directed it to look through the origin files, it found nothing. I apologize if this question is outside of your domain, but my search for answers online was... lacking to say in the least.
Message 4 of 7 (13,356 Views)

I am not sure if it is really a issue of the game and not the graphics card causes this.

The graphic glitches is very unusual and I hear it for the first time.

When you launch the game, you have tried this button option!

Changes the screen orientation with
ctrl + alt + and arrow up or down or left or right

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …
Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden.

Message 5 of 7 (13,337 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@Freggi-Liz Granddaughter's Gaming laptop had same issue. Hers is Win 10 Home I believe. I HAD to go back into options and reset the resolution in there. For some unknown reason the software CHANGED the Res on it's own and it had a square image with black on either side of it. As I said this is not a basic laptop. I had it built to my specs by Acer(I build gaming Desktops for a living). I ALSO tried that fix to no avail, that is when I went back to options. I am hoping this helps others with this issue as well. I personally am at a loss how those settings got changed from what I had them set to. Is it Win 10?? Maybe, seen stranger things from Microsoft
Message 6 of 7 (13,050 Views)

@DrgnLrd214  ,

Sure, the settings should be retained when you have saved them. Why this does not do on the Acer laptop and they are always lost, unfortunately I can't answer !

Message 7 of 7 (13,028 Views)