Re: Origin codes already redeemed, attempting to regain online access since 2017

by Eerye

Original Post

Origin codes already redeemed, attempting to regain online access since 2017

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello there, I'm 99pietro99-2, also known as 99pietro99 on Spore. I have a very big issue:

As you all know, Spore physical copies of the game aren't supported anymore since March 2017 I think. Today, after 3 years of playing this game offline, with no way of getting online back, i decided to try to get it back in function on this new PC I have, but there are some issues with Origin: if i insert the codes of the games that i've purchased years and years ago, it says that they are already redeemed. i am trying to have a live chat on EA Support (Italian one), but I can't do it, I can only send an e-mail, which I already did. What can I do? Please help!

Message 1 of 4 (858 Views)

Re: Origin codes already redeemed, attempting to regain online access since 2017

Community Manager

@99pietro992 

You need to use the EA/Origin account that the codes were initially redeemed on. 

Continue working with our Advisors to regain access to your account if required.

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 4 (820 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@EA_BarryEhm...the fact is that I use same email and pasword for logging into MySpore, Answers EA and Origin. I have to get Origin understad that I have redeemed th codes...only an advisor can help me out. The fact is...that I can't live chat...why?

Message 3 of 4 (798 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I know this is a month old topic but I'm experiencing the exact same issue, kind of. I've had the game and both of its expansions for like 10 years or something now. After a few years I couldn't install it from disk anymore due to some errors I think and I kind of gave up on it. And now I don't even have a disk reader anymore either since my old one broke and wouldn't eject and I just didn't bother buying a replacement.

I tried redeeming all 3 keys on Origin, on EA Desktop, and on the website with no success, giving me the same error that the keys have already been redeemed. And apparently I did redeem them already, but the email address is the same, spore.com says I own the base game and Galactic Adventures, though not the Creepy and Cute one for some mysterious reason, yet EA slaps the error on all three keys...

I've been trying to contact EA support about it for 2 weeks already... I can only request live chat, however the website freezes and crashes most of the time after doing so. After 1 or 2 days my issue changes from "In progress" to "Resolved" without me being contacted at all or anything actually being done about the issue... Never had such problems with any other support I had to deal with. Why on Earth can I not ask for help via email? Would be much easier and faster than waiting on some advisor to get back to me and getting c*** blocked by the website crashing and burning.

Message 4 of 4 (601 Views)