My disc version of spore isn't connected to the internet.

by Flummp63

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My disc version of spore isn't connected to the internet.

★★★ Newbie

I can't seem to log in to spore. I bought the disc game a long time ago and it isn't connected to the interenet. When i press the button in the bottom left which says "log in" in green text it instantly says my device is not connected to the internet, even though my device is connected to the internet. I also purchased the creepy and cute parts pack and the galactic adventures dlc but neither of them linked to my original copy of spore.

Message 1 of 3 (923 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My disc version of spore isn't connected to the internet.

★★ Pro

The disc version is no longer compatible with the updating system in Origin (which has replaced EADM). You'll need to uninstall the game, and then reinstall from origin, in order to get the latest update - which will let you play online.

Download Origin, and log in with the same account you used for Spore. Check your game library and see if Spore is already listed, if so, you can go ahead and download it.

Make sure to uninstall Spore, C&C, and GA before doing this - having multiple versions of the game installed is known to cause problems. After reinstalling Spore, you can also install C&C and GA from Origin.

If any of the three are missing from your Origin game library, there is a button to add a game by entering the serial code. You can find the code on the back of the manual for each disc.

Note that for C&C, it will not appear as a separate title in Origin, but rather will be listed under Spore.

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (634 Views)

All Replies

★ Apprentice

The disc version I think isn't supported anymore. You'll need to purchase it on Steam or Origin to use online features.

Message 2 of 3 (642 Views)

★★ Pro

The disc version is no longer compatible with the updating system in Origin (which has replaced EADM). You'll need to uninstall the game, and then reinstall from origin, in order to get the latest update - which will let you play online.

Download Origin, and log in with the same account you used for Spore. Check your game library and see if Spore is already listed, if so, you can go ahead and download it.

Make sure to uninstall Spore, C&C, and GA before doing this - having multiple versions of the game installed is known to cause problems. After reinstalling Spore, you can also install C&C and GA from Origin.

If any of the three are missing from your Origin game library, there is a button to add a game by entering the serial code. You can find the code on the back of the manual for each disc.

Note that for C&C, it will not appear as a separate title in Origin, but rather will be listed under Spore.

Message 3 of 3 (635 Views)