Re: My Spore CD-Key from Steam was already used?

by alphawolf35

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My Spore CD-Key from Steam was already used?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I recently purchased Spore along with its Cute + Creepy Parts and Galactic Adventure expansion packs on Steam. I installed the three of them, played the single-player/offline just fine - no real issues presented.

However, when I tried to sign into my Origin/EA account to access the online functionalities of the game, it told me my CD-Key wasn't valid and couldn't be registered, followed by a bunch of other things such as "you don't have have privileges to access Spore.com" and the like. I've seen this is a common issue, and I tried some of the solutions I've seen on Steam forums and Spore forums. I've fixed the strings missing with regedit.exe and stuff, but it still wouldn't work. So then I logged onto the EA website, converted my EA account to an Origin account, thinking that it might've not been working since my EA account wasn't an Origin account yet. Still, when I tried signing-in from Spore, I had no luck. Afterward, I tried using my Steam-given CD-Key on my Origin account through the website to register my Spore that way. Unfortunately, it told me that the product key I was trying to use had already been used before. Considering I just bought this game and I've never owned it before, I know I wasn't the person who used the key.

This leaves me confused as to wither I was given a bum-key or if it might be another issue. I'm really not sure, but any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated. For any who respond, thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 3 (1,336 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@Neon-Crusader 

Contact EA Customer Services for assistance with this issue: http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (1,198 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

This is rediculous! We paid good money to get this game, we should be able to access all of its features... EA, you better fix this, otherwise, I think a few much more angry people might ask for a refund.Confusedmileyfrustrated:

Message 2 of 3 (1,026 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@Neon-Crusader 

Contact EA Customer Services for assistance with this issue: http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us

Message 3 of 3 (1,199 Views)