Re: Multiple jobs not completing

by 1-Graham-S

Original Post

Multiple jobs not completing

★★★ Novice

If you’re feeling deja vu it’s because I posted this in the wrong place to start with ..

I have the problem that a number of others seem to have had where multiple jobs finish but remain as yellow and the story isn’t moving on. The following are the characters and jobs:

Apu - Teach about karma

Homer - Learn about reincarnation

Kirk - Leave a penny then take a penny

Crazy Cat Lady - Get scratched by her Gods

Moe - Donate bar tips to charity

I’ve tried suggestion from EA about reinstalling the game, trying on an alternative device, removing the buildings the character would go to and going to a friends game doing bits and coming back putting the buildings back but the jobs remain there in yellow. EA support eventually told me to come and mention it here to see if anyone can help .. I’m at a loss what to do now 

any help would be greatly appreciated!

Tony

Message 1 of 10 (623 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@b5de782f0d0d3828 I have experienced this in the past. How i fixed it was to change the way i sent people on the task. For example, if i sent them from a popup for the task, I resend them by tapping the character and selecting the job, which will be yellow. That usually fixes it for me.
Message 2 of 10 (558 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks I gave that a go but it hasn’t helped. I have noticed if I sign out and back in I get a message that my device hasn’t saved my progress and asks if I want to run the game anyway .. but that happens on both my iPad and iPhone so it’s not device specific it must still be my account. I also added my wife’s Springfield yesterday and now on my friends page she’s vanished and I’m no longer allowed to add friends I can only logout of the game. If I do that and log back in I still can’t add new friends. When logging in to get game she can still see me as a friend and access my Springfield … it just seems like something is wrong with my account and EA aren’t interested in helping which is really frustrating 

Message 3 of 10 (510 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same exact issue with like 6 of my characters, the only one in common is crazy cat lady. I’ve tried everything you did as well and sent them all on their stuck task probably 50 times. I’m replying in case an answer pops up here

Message 4 of 10 (422 Views)

Hero

@b5de782f0d0d3828 at least 2 of those tasks are from 2017 the Homer the Heretic Event. If those tasks have been stuck for more than 6 months, only ea can remove them. Contact them using the help link on the loading screen during US Central Time business hours M-F choose technical support. You will have to be persistent but polite to get them to forward this to higher level of support where they can remove the tasks for you. You may have to open several tickets . tell them you already posted here and you need their help to continue playing the game without it being annoying.

The missing friends and ability to add friends is a server glitch just reboot a couple times and it should come back.

★★★ Novice

Thank you .. I’ve asked on I think 4 different occasions for the to pass it to someone higher up but you get a different person responding each time and each time it’s like I’ve gone back to the start having to explain it all over again. I’m really surprised how awful the EA support for this is given that it’s a Simpsons game and it’s EA … I can ask again but not expecting any difference and suspect it’ll just make me angrier

Message 6 of 10 (400 Views)

★★ Novice

@b5de782f0d0d3828 did you solve the problem? I got stuck in the main quests and can't move forward, the support doesn't help

Message 7 of 10 (337 Views)

★★★ Novice

No I haven’t got them to accept that they need to fix it. They just tell me to come here every time. It’s so frustrating!

Message 8 of 10 (330 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have all of my characters stuck in a daily task.  Buy milk.  I can touch on the store it will show that they are “leaving”. I will get $ for the jobs however they are still doing the job.  The icon in the upper left corner shows complete but they are not available.  This is at least day 3 now of this.  I have tried logging out and back in.  Deleting and reinstalling.  Nothing is working.  Yet every hour I can go and get the $ for the jobs again.   This does has me stuck as I can’t do anything else within the game 

Message 9 of 10 (248 Views)

@pears515 - store the Kwik-E-Mart where you tap to collect and that'll end the tasks.
Might as well collect again first and remember to put the KEM back

CCP Hero Banner 2 Grande.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
PS - NO ADD ME'S   List is too full, sorry

Like you I'm only a player, but I hope I can help Standard smile
Message 10 of 10 (196 Views)