Svar: Mouse Cursor not aligned on Spore for Mac

by AirBagZZ9

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mouse Cursor not aligned on Spore for Mac

★★ Novice

I have Spore on my Macbook Pro running High Sierra. A while back the cursor suddenly did not align with the interface. ie; I could not click on a button unless I pointed my cursor aprox 4 inches below what I was aiming at. This has rendered the game unplayable (can't click buttons at bottom of screen). I attempted to report to EA but their automated answer was basically "Bad luck. No help here". 

So here I am asking for help from the community since EA don't seem to care now that they have my money.

Does anyone have this issue and has anyone found a way to fix it?

Many thanks in advance.

John.

Message 1 of 17 (18,722 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hello @AirBagZZ9 John

Please visit this topic, we have several fix to this problem

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Spore/Read-before-posting-Spore-MASTER-FAQ-for-PC-amp-MAC/m-p/4802582#M596...

one of them is this one 👇

Launch Spore switch to the window mode with ⌘ and Enter.
Navigate in Spore to graphics settings and select the correct screen resolution

Hope this answer your question!

/Liz

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden. Ich liebe das Mobile Gaming, besonders die Simpsons Springfield …

Die Simpsons Springfield -  Zeigt her euer Springfield

Die Sims 2 - Meine Stories

———-

View in thread

Message 2 of 17 (20,793 Views)

All Replies

Hello @AirBagZZ9 John

Please visit this topic, we have several fix to this problem

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Spore/Read-before-posting-Spore-MASTER-FAQ-for-PC-amp-MAC/m-p/4802582#M596...

one of them is this one 👇

Launch Spore switch to the window mode with ⌘ and Enter.
Navigate in Spore to graphics settings and select the correct screen resolution

Hope this answer your question!

/Liz

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden. Ich liebe das Mobile Gaming, besonders die Simpsons Springfield …

———-
Message 2 of 17 (20,794 Views)

★★ Novice
You make the sun shine! Can't wait to try this. THANK YOU!!!
Message 3 of 17 (18,632 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

It worked! Thanks so much! Surprising that such a simple solution could not have come from EA. Surprising that they would just slam the door and refuse to help one of their customers. I should say ex-customer... I will never give them another cent of my money again. Thank you again for giving me the excellent customer support that should have come from EA.

Best regards,

John

Message 4 of 17 (18,623 Views)

I am glad that I could help you. Enjoy the game and have fun. Standard smile

———-
Message 5 of 17 (18,612 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the new 2018 IMAC 27 inch desktop and I try command + enter and it doesn't change it to windowed mode and I have the same problem where I am not able to press anything not the screen? how do I fix this

Message 6 of 17 (18,307 Views)

@XSXTANKXSX wrote:

I have the new 2018 IMAC 27 inch desktop and I try command + enter and it doesn't change it to windowed mode and I have the same problem where I am not able to press anything not the screen? how do I fix this

@XSXTANKXSX

you must afterwards navigate into the game setting under graphics and there select the correct screen resolution.

if ⌘ ⌘ key doesn't work, you have to select a different key layout

~Liz

———-
Message 7 of 17 (18,296 Views)

★★★ Newbie

And suppose this doesn't work?

Message 8 of 17 (17,866 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I did the technique from above and it did not work. Command and Enter put me in window mode but I still cannot reach Settings because the cursor is too far down the screen so I can only select Spore Info. 

@IAmTheWalrus8946 wrote:

And suppose this doesn't work?

Message 9 of 17 (17,717 Views)

Re: Svar: Mouse Cursor not aligned on Spore for Mac

★★★ Newbie

my resolution is bigger than the ones they offer

Message 10 of 17 (15,919 Views)