Re: Locked content, game progress stopped

by EA_Shepard

Original Post

Locked buildings, no progress

★★★ Novice

Hi everyone, 

I need help with my game and EA has not been able to help and instead told me to report a bug. I currently have two problems in my game. I noticed that I have several items from main quests locked but no quests have started or are pending. I have tried multiple times to store everything to see if that resets the game and starts the quests. Currently I am in level 186, however the main quests stopped at level 38, I do not have the court house and all the quests that follow. I also recently noticed that chalmers has a pending tasks that no matters how many times I complete it, it remains a pending task. I need help because I have had this problem for years, I always try to get in contact with EA but they never fix it, they always answer with will look into it but close the case and haven’t help me out. Please help if anyone has any advice 

Message 1 of 10 (666 Views)

Re: Locked buildings, no progress

[ Edited ]

@panchislin784 - levels are a minimum, not a set start for items, and the quests follow so the next won't start until you complete all the tasks from the one before it ( there are a couple of exceptions )

I was lvl 300+ and doing lvl 23 on because I was levelling up quickly.

Check your Taskbook for anything that doesn't involve collecting event currency ( Wallets / Tomaccos ) or REV if you unlocked SH.

( EDIT - you can ignore anything for Springfield Heights, the Money Mountain or Giant Redwood and the Monorail, but the rest need done in order to get to the next quest )

These walkthroughs might help you figure where you're really at and what you need to do to progress -
http://tstoaddicts.com/walkthroughs/tapped-out-level-walkthroughs/

CCP Hero Banner 2 Grande.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
PS - NO ADD ME'S   List is too full, sorry

Like you I'm only a player, but I hope I can help Standard smile
Message 2 of 10 (637 Views)

★★★ Novice

I don’t have any quests pending, the only thing I can think about that may be impeding the next quest from appearing is that I have a character stuck on a task, chalmers always has the surviving off the land pending even though I have completed it several times. I have tried storing the building and even selling the building he is attached to but it still doesn’t work. 

Message 3 of 10 (628 Views)

[ Edited ]

@panchislin784 - have you added a Camp Fire for that Chalmers task to work ??
https://tstoaddicts.com/2013/08/31/turbotappinlevel34/

EDIT - you'll also need a Minnow Pond for the last task of that quest

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Message 4 of 10 (624 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes, I have. No matter how many times I complete the task it always comes back pending. I even checked what you suggested and again noticed that I already completed the quest and even have the character and buildings of the following two levels. Which again only means that the quedt that should have started in level 38 which is the court house never started 

Message 5 of 10 (551 Views)

Hero

@panchislin784 

what tasks do you have in your taskbook? Exact names and parts please.

Message 6 of 10 (510 Views)

★★★ Novice

I currently have 5 quests in my taskbook 2 are the current event (the cropfather pt.5) and (the made men who made us pt.5). I also have the quest insert credit card pt.5 and I have 2 blocked quests because of the buildings that are locked don’t allow me to access the tasks, which are greenhouse asylum pt.1. And the reward center. 

Message 7 of 10 (471 Views)

Locked content, game progress stopped

★★★ Novice

Hi everyone, 

I need help with my game and EA has not been able to help and instead told me to report a bug. I currently have two problems in my game. I noticed that I have several items from main quests locked but no quests have started or are pending. I have tried multiple times to store everything to see if that resets the game and starts the quests. Currently I am in level 186, however the main quests stopped at level 38, I do not have the court house and all the quests that follow. I also recently noticed that chalmers has a pending tasks that no matters how many times I complete it, it remains a pending task. I need help because I have had this problem for years, I always try to get in contact with EA but they never fix it, they always answer with will look into it but close the case and haven’t help me out. Please help if anyone has any advice 

Message 8 of 10 (262 Views)

@panchislin784 - please stick to the thread you started rather than repeating the question again

Message 9 of 10 (248 Views)

Community Manager

@panchislin784 From what you stated, there may be a few issues happening. However, for the tasks, as @1-Graham-S stated most tasks are not level-based but content-based, so being 3x the level for example wouldn't matter. You have to have the content that the tasks require to progress.

As for Chalmers, if this is a stuck task that does happen, live support cannot resolve this with just that one single task. What they would do is more than likely rollback the game itself to before you started the task, or check the logs for corrupted data and roll the game back. This takes time and typically is not handled over live chat. These are handled by the mobile team, so what you would need to do is set up a case in game. List it as a stuck task, and this would be escalated to the mobile team(s) who can spend more time looking at that.

If you have donuts, sometimes spending donuts to complete the tasks work but spending donuts is not always the way to go if you don't have that many. It isn't that support never does anything, not everyone can look up your data, or make changes. 

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 10 of 10 (193 Views)