Re: Is it legal to download dark injection for spore?

by Griebtopia123

Original Post

Is it legal to download dark injection for spore?

★ Novice

This mod looks incredible and I really want to try it out but at the same time I don't want to break the law. :robotsad:

Could someone tell me what the rules are in regard to this?

Message 1 of 5 (4,238 Views)

★★ Novice

its completely illegal, you will get executed if you even think of dark injection

Message 2 of 5 (4,026 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Guess that makes me Public Enemy #2, huh?

Jokes aside, OP probably isn't coming back, but to clarify for potential future readers, while the EULA says no to mods, various people from EA/Maxis have stated on multiple occasions that mods as we know them are they're fine, as long as they don't do things like provide DLC content without the actual DLC, redistribute original game code, cause deliberate damage to players' games (especially via the online Sporepedia), or impersonate the official EA, Maxis, or Spore brands. DI does none of those things, and we've gotten a separate go-ahead for cannibalizing Darkspore (again, as long as none of either game's actual code is redistributed as-is), so there's nothing to be worried about. You're free to use DI.

Message 3 of 5 (4,014 Views)

★ Apprentice

I miss Darkspore...anyway, is it possible to share creatures with Dark Injection parts? Also, I have a badge that should allow me to use the Robot parts, but I can't run the Patch 6 Installer on my now-digital copy, as I recovered my old physical copy through Origin. How can I manually install a patch?

Message 4 of 5 (3,945 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Griebtopia123

Third-party tools are not supported in Origin, because they are no longer compatible!

Note: This is a tool or mod is not officially supported by EA. You must to contact the creator of this tool, who developed.

Dont forget: Tools and mods that change your game can damage your game or operating system. 

I close this topic!

/Liz

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …
Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden.
❤️ TSTO - Die Simpsons Springfield
❤️ Sims Freeplay.. ❤️ Sims 2-3-4 auf MBP

Meine Sims 4 Geschichten und Kreationen 

Message 5 of 5 (3,930 Views)