I cannot name creatures, buildings, or nearly anything in any editor.

by KiraShade

Original Post

Highlighted

I cannot name creatures, buildings, or nearly anything in any editor.

★★★ Newbie

I seem to be having a unfathomably frustrating issue currently with spore. Before you suggest re-installation, I have already completely reinstalled spore on multiple occasions to attempt to fix this issue, it has not worked. I also run a modded Origin version of spore, though this carried into vanilla if I remove my mods. Ever since I created a Creature called "Wraith", I have been unable to, with varying ability to do so, name creations. Luckily, I have a force save mod now so I don't have to worry about the subject nearly as much as I used to, I have tried clicking in different places as well to no avail. My knowledge of coding is limited, but it seems to be a bug that causes the ability to click in the name's insertion area to just simply not work, and override with the name "Wraith" on occasion, despite it not actually being this. It has made me completely unable to progress to certain stages in the game before I reinstalled the force save mod, and it is highly frustrating overall, I would like to get this finally fixed.

Message 1 of 2 (442 Views)

Re: I cannot name creatures, buildings, or nearly anything in any editor.

★ Apprentice

When you reinstalled, did you make sure to go through and delete any residual files? If you didn't then re-installation wont do much of anything

Message 2 of 2 (422 Views)