I bought Spore and it won't launch on my Mac

by jessa256

Original Post

I bought Spore and it won't launch on my Mac

★★★ Newbie

I bought the game but it just keeps installing and finalizing over and over in a pattern.

Message 1 of 6 (947 Views)

Re: I bought Spore and it won't launch on my Mac

★★★ Newbie
@jessa256 having the same problem. does not ever seem to finalize
Message 2 of 6 (900 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same problem, does anyone know the solution?

Message 3 of 6 (578 Views)

Community Manager
@Lepelpad Can you try going through the information on our post below and let us know if you continue to have issues?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bugs-Technical-Issues/Read-before-posting-Spore-MASTER-FAQ-for-PC-amp-MAC/...

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 4 of 6 (557 Views)

★ Novice

Hey there, I'm not sure if you're still looking for a solution, but after 2 hrs on tech support and an hr of research myself besides I can say I've found the final solution. On mac, Spore is not compatible with any OS after Mojave. If you have an older machine you can downgrade and it should fix it. This is the final solution after trying every other tip and trick, but I have not tested it yet because I still need to use my computer. Will update if I end up downgrading from Catalina to try it.

Message 5 of 6 (544 Views)

Thank you for your information.

Here are the topics about Catalina, why Spore doesn't supports on newer MacOS

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bugs-Technical-Issues/Read-before-posting-Spore-MASTER-FAQ-for-PC-amp-MAC/...

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden. Ich liebe das Mobile Gaming, besonders die Simpsons Springfield …

Die Simpsons Springfield -  Zeigt her euer Springfield

Die Sims 2 - Meine Stories

———-
Message 6 of 6 (533 Views)