How do i change the language in spore?

by rebike1

Original Post

How do i change the language in spore?

★★ Novice

I recently bought spore off of the origin store and i installed it but it is it french and i want it in english and i can not find a way to change the language. If any one can help i would greatly appreciate it.

Message 1 of 15 (49,556 Views)

Re: How do i change the language in spore?

★★★ Newbie

Hope this helps! By courtesy of Trambam, found here: http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/1221.page#8494

PC Example :"C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\SPORE\Sporebin\SporeApp.exe" –L:en-us

The Languages support are as follows.
cz-cz: Czech
da-dk: Danish
de-de: German
el-gr: Greek
en-gb: British
en-us: American English
es-es: Spanish
fi-fi: Finnish
fr-fr: French
hu-hu: Hungarian
it-it: Italian
nl-nl: Dutch
no-no: Norwegian
pl-pl: Polish
pt-br: Brazilian
pt-pt: Portuguese
ru-ru: Russian
sv-se: Swedish

Message 2 of 15 (49,517 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

for anyone who runs into this, make sure to change the ":" to a space, like this for a modern version of windows (or it won't work at all)

"C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\SPORE\Sporebin\SporeApp.exe" -L en-us

2021 update:

For Origin people, rightclick the game within your game library inside of Origin and click "Game Properties". Go to the "ADVANCED LAUNCH OPTIONS" tab and type "-L en-us" inside of the argument box (without the quotes)

If you have the game on disc you are able to redeem your physical copy within Origin, just "ADD A GAME" and "Redeem Product Code...". Type in your licence key and select the correct Spore version (depending on languages) after hitting next.

Message 3 of 15 (35,902 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am running Spore from the Origin launcher and however I have tried, it never switched to English.

I set both English (GB) and English (US) as well as I added the command line option "-L en-us" (originally, also -L:en-us).

How can I switch the language of the game to English from within Origin?

Message 4 of 15 (32,585 Views)

Hi @BonanzaGroove 

You cannot change the language for Spore directly in Origin. The game takes over the PC main language. But follow the tips above, so you can manually change the language.

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden. Ich liebe das Mobile Gaming, besonders die Simpsons Springfield …

Die Simpsons Springfield -  Zeigt her euer Springfield

Die Sims 2 - Meine Stories

———-
Message 5 of 15 (32,564 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

While installing the game (SPORE) I selected the Spanish language, but the game continues to show all the information in English. Also, I have defined Spanish as the language for Origin and for the Windows OS, but still the same. How do I change it to Spanish? My son understands a little but it is more difficult for him and I don't want him to lose motivation. I purchased and downloaded the game today.

Message 6 of 15 (31,217 Views)

Hi @edudaky 

1. Right click on the Spore icon

2. Under > «C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\SPORE\Sporebin\SporeApp.exe»

3. Choose Properties

4. Add language code at the end «That's how it looks» C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\SPORE\Sporebin\SporeApp.exe" –L:es-es

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden. Ich liebe das Mobile Gaming, besonders die Simpsons Springfield …

———-
Message 7 of 15 (31,191 Views)

★★ Novice

I've looked everywhere for a solution and nothing seems to be working. The page I keep seeing you link seems to be deleted or something. Can you specify where exactly you add -locale:en-us?

Message 8 of 15 (30,333 Views)

[ Edited ]

@ReedRox95 

Which platform do you play it!

On Pc

Step 1: View hidden folders on MS

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/view-hidden-files-and-folders-in-windows-10-97fbc472-c60...

Step 2 NAVIGATE under

\Program Files\Electronic Arts\SPORE\Data\Locale

Step: 3

copy all of your files in the folder and do a backup of it before you change the local.file

Step 4

just change the original file to your local language code

On Mac

Navigate under-> Users/YourUserName/Library/Preferences/SPORE Preferences/
Right click ”Config” and Open with TextEdit -> Scroll down and keep an eye under following line

Spore

———-
Message 9 of 15 (30,305 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I have tried theese things that I can find, the only Spore files I can find is in my installation folder.

I cannot find any local.file there but only the different language folders and they don't contain that file or any other that let me change.

If I go to the properties of sporeapp.exe it only looks like this and any change only result in name change for me.

https://imgur.com/a/QnCZXf2

Using Windows 10

Message 10 of 15 (29,830 Views)