Betreff: How do I install Spore without a disk drive?

by Freggi-Liz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How do I install Spore without a disk drive?

★★★ Newbie

Hi! I recently just got a new Mac laptop, and was feeling a little nostalgic, so I got out my old Spore disc to install. Unfortunately, I realized my new laptop doesn't have a disk drive. Is there any way for me to install Spore on my computer? I'd really rather not have to buy a digital version on Steam or anything, considering I already own it, I just don't know how to install it.

Thanks Standard smile

Message 1 of 2 (895 Views)

Accepted Solution

@ontthecob  Hi,

That's right, Macs do not have any CD drive. You still have to buy a digital download. On the CD is only a setup exe for the PC platform, so you can't install it via an extern disk drive  - But you need a dmg file, that's why you need a digital download... 

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …
Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden.
❤️ TSTO - Die Simpsons Springfield
❤️ Sims Freeplay.. ❤️ Sims 2-3-4 auf MBP

Meine Sims 4 Geschichten und Kreationen 

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (883 Views)

All Replies

@ontthecob  Hi,

That's right, Macs do not have any CD drive. You still have to buy a digital download. On the CD is only a setup exe for the PC platform, so you can't install it via an extern disk drive  - But you need a dmg file, that's why you need a digital download... 

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …
Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden.
❤️ TSTO - Die Simpsons Springfield
❤️ Sims Freeplay.. ❤️ Sims 2-3-4 auf MBP

Meine Sims 4 Geschichten und Kreationen 

Message 2 of 2 (884 Views)