Re: How do I install Spore on Origin if i own the Disc version?

by xXEatThatPieXx

Original Post

How do I install Spore on Origin if i own the Disc version?

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I originally bought the game on disc, including GA, C&C, and the Robotic Parts. I uninstalled all of them when i heard you had to do this in order to redeem your code through Origin. After putting in the code it recognized the game, and then it said "this code has already been redeemed". 

I tried it through Steam as well. Didn't work. So i tried the link given on here: "https://myaccount.ea.com/cp-ui/redemption/index", which is supposed to lead me to a code redemption page, but instead leads me to a page that does not exist and If i try to go to my account settings from EA.com it tells me "could not load page; redirected too many times". 

So now im reinstalling the base game because apparently you can "You can also redeem the codes from CD/DVD, Steam or GoG directly in Origin if you have it installed and if they haven't been attached to an account already. " Im assuming what he means is that i have to install the game but not log in and then try redeeming the code?

The FAQ page for this is outdated. There is no "preferences" folder in my SPORE files, nor is there a "login.prop" file. This has obviously been changed. Apparently the problem is that i have my spore account on a different email and my Origin account has a different email. The way to delete my old spore account is obsolete and I need to know how to do it on Windows 10.

Message 1 of 5 (9,300 Views)

★★ Pro

Contact EA Origin support at https://help.ea.com/ with your serial codes - they will add the games and expansions directly to your current Origin account.

If you already have the game installed from disc, you likely already have a Spore account. When you uninstall the disc version, you can choose to leave the Spore saved data in place. If you do this, your saved games and login data will be kept, and will be readable by the Origin version once you install it. You don't need to touch login.prop or any of the other files.

Message 2 of 5 (9,281 Views)

Hi @DarkJamanix

please do not share personal information such as code, email address etc, I removed the pic

Spore is an older game that does not get redeemed (again) by Origin

Please follow the steps @Kyle_Necrowolf and contact a game advisor

https://help.ea.com/en/help/origin/origin/redeem-your-serial-code-in-origin/

/Liz

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …
Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden.
❤️ TSTO - Die Simpsons Springfield
❤️ Sims Freeplay.. ❤️ Sims 2-3-4 auf MBP

Meine Sims 4 Geschichten und Kreationen 

Message 3 of 5 (9,271 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Why can't Ea just make this easy?

Message 4 of 5 (9,048 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Message 5 of 5 (3,423 Views)