Re: Haven't been able to connect to the Spore servers for years.

by Freggi-Liz

Original Post

Haven't been able to connect to the Spore servers for years.

★★ Novice

I have been playing on the disk/CD-ROM version of the game: on Windows 7 - WIndows 10. And then one unfortunate day, being years ago, I haven't been able to connect to the spore servers. Are the servers down? I literally needed to install a mod to get the "latest" patch.

Message 1 of 5 (534 Views)

@ASDWDSASDW Hi

Nope, the servers are not down. We have here a forum where you can always read the latest news about the server maintenance of Spore.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Announcements/bd-p/spore-announcements-en

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …
Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden.
❤️ TSTO - Die Simpsons Springfield
❤️ Sims Freeplay.. ❤️ Sims 2-3-4 auf MBP

Meine Sims 4 Geschichten und Kreationen 

Message 2 of 5 (517 Views)

★★ Novice

Because I was vague: It's time to convey what my original comment was meant to convey. I have owned Spore for several years - one day: I haven't been able to connect to the Spore servers. Despite doing every possible thing, I haven't been able to fix it, from compatibility mode to running Spore in administrator. Even upgrading to windows 10 and wiping my hard-drive clean several times. Not-even reinstalling Spore works. I am using the DVD-ROM/DISK/CD-ROM version of the game with every expansion pack excluding the Dr.Pepper parts pack.

In summary:

-I have Spore, with the "creepy & cute" parts pack.
-I have Spore, with the "galactic adventures" expansion pack.
-I have a physical copy, DVD-ROM/DISK/CD-ROM (or whatever one wants to call it).
-I have seen people using online features, however I myself: haven't been able to do so for as-long as I probably can't remember.

When I try to connect, I receive something along the lines of this: "There was an error connecting to the Spore servers. Your computer might be offline or your internet connection may be having problems. Check your connection or visit Spore.com for additional assistance or server status.".

Message 3 of 5 (503 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hi, @ASDWDSASDW,

Unfortunately, the disk version of Spore isn’t supported anymore because it wasn’t been updated since the server maintenance in 2016.

You have to reclaim your Spore copy on Origin. You can contact an EA Advisor, they will be happy to help you to reclaim your free digital copy of Spore, then you will be able to use the Spore online services.

If you need any more help, I will be happy to help!

Message 4 of 5 (474 Views)

@ASDWDSASDW 

Contact a game advisor when playing with a physical version.
Here's the contact form

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Answer-HQ/How-to-contact-a-Game-Advisor-using-the-new-EA-Help-page/m-p/2161...

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/contact-ea-help/

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …
Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden.
❤️ TSTO - Die Simpsons Springfield
❤️ Sims Freeplay.. ❤️ Sims 2-3-4 auf MBP

Meine Sims 4 Geschichten und Kreationen 

Message 5 of 5 (460 Views)