Game won't connect to the Spore servers

by Crykov

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game won't connect to the Spore servers

★★★ Newbie

Hi. I've been having this recurring error for a while now that's been interrupting gameplay. I love this game and have had it for about 8 years, and I still like it even if it means I have to play offline. However I would really like online content as some of my missions in Space Stage request adventures that I'm unable to download.

"There was an error connecting to the Spore servers. Your computer might be offline or your internet connection may be having problems. Check your connection or visit Spore.com for additional assistance or server status.

I have tried everything in the FAQ and other threads commonly linked on here. Disabling firewalls, deleting the prop files, running as administrator, etc etc. The whole nine yards.

The weird thing is I can still log in fine on Spore.com. I can do things like view my creations, change my profile picture and tagline and such.

I bought both Spore and Galactic Adventures on CDs. I have their product codes but there's no way to re-register them anywhere as it just tells me the serial codes are already being used.

Message 1 of 11 (14,900 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: There was an error connecting to Spore servers

[ Edited ]

@Griebtopia123

Please stop spamming and bump on each post.

Other players lose overview and also want help

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Spore/Are-the-spore-servers-down/m-p/6609526#M8937

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Spore/Login-Failed-error-can-t-log-in-to-Spore/m-p/6881295#M9265

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Spore/Error-connecting-to-Spore-Servers/m-p/5327790#M7010

I already gave you an answer. I recommend that you contact a game advisor

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Thanks!

\Liz

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden. Ich liebe das Mobile Gaming, besonders die Simpsons Springfield …

Die Simpsons Springfield -  Zeigt her euer Springfield

Die Sims 2 - Meine Stories

———-

View in thread

Message 11 of 11 (15,545 Views)

All Replies

Betreff: Game won't connect to the Spore servers

@Crykov, Hi

In this case, contact a game advisor

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/How-to-contact-an-Advisor-via-EA-Help/td-p/5650100

~Liz

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden. Ich liebe das Mobile Gaming, besonders die Simpsons Springfield …

Die Simpsons Springfield -  Zeigt her euer Springfield

Die Sims 2 - Meine Stories

———-
Message 2 of 11 (14,856 Views)

Re: Game won't connect to the Spore servers

★ Novice

There is a game update that happened a few months ago, and people who do not have this update are unable to connect to the SPORE servers.

Backup your saves and creations, and then uninstall all your SPORE games, then reinstall them.

Message 3 of 11 (14,793 Views)

★ Novice

I've just installed it for the first time after a quite long time and I'm having the same problem. Whenever I try to log in I get the message:"There was an error connecting to the Spore servers. Your computer might be offline or your internet connection may be having problems. Check your connection or visit Spore.com for additional assistance or server status". What am I supposed to do now?

Message 4 of 11 (14,733 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same exact problem. I just installed from a disc for the first time in years. It'd be very nice if there was a solution to this issue by now but I can't find anything. Someone please let me know if you have an answer.

Message 5 of 11 (14,649 Views)

Cannot log into spore

★★★ Newbie

I have just purchased Spore through Steam, and had tremendous issues logging into EA and Spore. Eventually I had to log into EA and reset my password and some details on my account. So I tried again to login on Spore, where it asks you to create a spore account using your EA details, and adding your Spore screen name. It continually tells me that an unexpected error has occurred, please try again. I have logged out of steam and back in, and have tried going directly through a spore shortcut, and getting off and on again. Please help!!

Message 6 of 11 (14,662 Views)

Re: Cannot log into spore

★★★ Novice

I've seen people with problems that sound a lot similar to yours when they purchase spore on steam, and I have seen it answered a couple times. It's not that same as the issue people are having recently when they install spore from the disc so this is probably the wrong spot to be looking @lilpez13727 . Good luck figuring it out though.

Message 7 of 11 (14,628 Views)

There was an error connecting to Spore servers

★★★ Novice

I just installed spore from the disc a few days ago and the game and all the offline content works fine. However as soon as I started the game and it should have prompted me to register my account, instead an error message popped up saying:

"There was an error connecting to the Spore servers. Your  computer might be offline or your internet connection may be having problems. Check your connection or visit Spore.com for additional assistance or servers status."

I've seen similar or the same issue come up, but there's no good answer of how to troubleshoot or fix it. the only answers I've seen were links directing you to some troubleshooting question about another connection error that isn't very close to the same as this one. If anyone has any idea how to fix this, that'd be awesome!

PS. The spore servers seem to be up from what I know and my computer is connected to the internet.

Message 8 of 11 (14,629 Views)

★★ Novice
Just a bump. Reinstalled the game after few years, and got exactly the same problem.
"There was an error connecting to the Spore servers. Your computer might be offline or your internet connection may be having problems. Check your connection or visit Spore.com for additional assistance or servers status."
Browsed through tons of topics and didn't find anything working..
Message 9 of 11 (14,142 Views)

★ Apprentice

Just a bump again. Same error, Origin version.

Message 10 of 11 (13,805 Views)