Game Crashed and Planet Vanished

by NyanKitten

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Game Crashed and Planet Vanished

★★★★★ Newbie

I had been playing for a while (all the way from cell stage to the second migration) when spore crashed. Afterwards, there was a small white box with the minimize, fullscreen, and close buttons sitting on my desktop, which disappeared after I turned my computer off and on again.

When I loaded up spore again a few days later, the save game I had been playing had disappeared. The creature I was playing as had been saved to my creations, but the save game itself was gone, so I couldn't resume my game. I think all the planets were still there, but I don't remember which planet I had been using, and I don't want to start over. (It was my third save game, but now there's only two.)

Since I hadn't edited my cell once during the cell stage it didn't have a cell version of my creature saved, and it hadn't saved the "early creature" version either, so I couldn't just start again from the beginning of the creature or cell stages.

Any solutions?

Message 1 of 4 (765 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game Crashed and Planet Vanished

Hi @NyanKitten 

Sound  not good

Make sure your game is not saved in Origin's cloud! If so, you'll need to disable Origin's cloud.

Check the Orgin Settings

Every time you launch the game, it will not find the Saved Game Folder that is located > C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\SPORE/

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …
Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden.
❤️ TSTO - Die Simpsons Springfield
❤️ Sims Freeplay.. ❤️ Sims 2-3-4 auf MBP

Meine Sims 4 Geschichten und Kreationen 

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (731 Views)

All Replies

Hi @NyanKitten 

Sound  not good

Make sure your game is not saved in Origin's cloud! If so, you'll need to disable Origin's cloud.

Check the Orgin Settings

Every time you launch the game, it will not find the Saved Game Folder that is located > C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\SPORE/

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …
Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden.

Message 2 of 4 (732 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thanks for your help!

Origin Cloud was activated for saves, so I turned it off, though it didn't restore the planet I had lost,

(probably because I kept playing afterwards and made new, different saves. Or something.)

Hopefully this won't happen again in the future

Message 3 of 4 (606 Views)

@NyanKitten  Thanks for your feedback, it shouldn't happen anymore! Standard smile

Message 4 of 4 (600 Views)