Forced to get new SSD, logged into Spore, world/savegame is gone

by Sentry812

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Forced to get new SSD, logged into Spore, world/savegame is gone

★★ Novice

Expanding upon the title, I was recently forced to get rid of my (year old) HDD thanks to repeated bluescreens, something seemed to be wrong with the windows partition of it. Bought a new SSD and everything's working fine, but decided to get Origin and Spore back today to see if my sole modern empire was still flourishing. I logged into my account on Spore, but unfortunately, the galaxy is blank. Is my worst fear true, that even though I have the Sporepedia entry for my race and a building/vehicle or two, my savegame will be gone forever? Help is very much appreciated.

Message 1 of 9 (803 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Forced to get new SSD, logged into Spore, world/savegame is gone

★★★★ Novice

My only suggestion, in that case, would be https://www.ccleaner.com/recuva or something idk

View in thread

Message 4 of 9 (781 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

If you're still able to access the contents of your old HDD, you should be able to find your old Galaxy at "%appdata%\SPORE"

Message 2 of 9 (791 Views)

★★ Novice

unfortunately, my old hdd was wiped clean with diskpart...

Message 3 of 9 (784 Views)

★★★★ Novice

My only suggestion, in that case, would be https://www.ccleaner.com/recuva or something idk

Message 4 of 9 (782 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I will most definitely look into this, as I still have the HDD. For now, I'll mark this as the solution. Thanks a ton, bro. Though it may be small, the Skorps Empire has hope yet!

Message 5 of 9 (778 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Np, best of luck hunting down that Galaxy. If you do find the files, let me know if you need a hand dropping them into place on your new drive. Until then...fingers crossed.

Message 6 of 9 (770 Views)

★★ Novice

Yep. Since it'll be a couple weeks, how would you suggest I use Recuva on the HDD? Would I have to get something that would allow me to view/use it as external storage on my own computer?

Message 7 of 9 (756 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Well...yes, you'd need to connect the drive to a computer. Whether it's as connected as external storage or not is largely irrelevant. I'm not too familiar with the details of how you'd go about doing so, unfortunately. (I take it this isn't an external drive with a USB connector or something? :P )

Message 8 of 9 (741 Views)

★★ Novice

It's the HDD that came in my laptop. One of my main concerns is that I can't just pop it into a pc as the functioning drive and work from there; as part of diskpart, my OS on it was uninstalled and wiped, and any attempt to reinstall Windows or use the drive normally in the first place ultimately fails because of whatever happened to it, thus making the consideration of such an option at this point out of the question. My best bet at this point would probably be to install Recuva on this computer, find a way to connect the HDD to it, then work from there. Recuva says the things that it can work on include external, damaged, and/or newly formatted drives. I can only hope something works out in the end...

Message 9 of 9 (735 Views)