Betreff: Error connecting to Spore Servers

by IceColdIsaac01

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Error connecting to Spore Servers

★★★ Newbie

Even though I'm already connected to the internet, whenever I try to log in, I get an error message stating that there was an error connecting to the SPORE servers. I'll attach a picture of the error message. I have the SPORE base game, Creepy and Cute, and Galactic Adventures installed and am currently running version 1.4. These were all installed via disc today. What makes this extra weird is that whenever I load up Galactic Adventures, it says there are updates/patches waiting to be installed, but I need to log in to get them. So, obviously my internet IS working.

I'd appreciate if someone could help me out.

Message 1 of 14 (74,076 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hi @Coront,

Delete the prop file and check your firewall ports, Spore must be approved.

To fix this issue, try browsing to the Spore folder and remove the login.prop file by following the instructions below:

• Double-click on My Computer.
  • Double-click on the C: drive.
  • Double-click on Users.
  • Double-click on your User Name.
  • Double-click on AppData.
    • Note: The AppData folder may be hidden. To unhide it, go to the Control Panel and click on Folder Options, then on View. Check the box beside Show hidden files, folders and drives. Then click Apply and OK
  • Open the Roaming folder
  • Double-click on Spore.
  • Then double-click on Preferences.
  • This folder should contain the login.prop file. Right-click and delete this file and restart Spore.
  • http://help.ea.com/en/article/account-creation-or-login-issues/#1

If you continue receive the error after trying the steps above, try logging in in the following way:

If the problems are not solved by these steps , jump into this topic. -> http://answers.ea.com/t5/Spore/Spore-Account-Creation-or-Login-Issues-FAQ/m-p/1428048#U1428048
there are some tips to fix it. (Side 4)

Cheers

Liz

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden. Ich liebe das Mobile Gaming, besonders die Simpsons Springfield …

Die Simpsons Springfield -  Zeigt her euer Springfield

Die Sims 2 - Meine Stories

———-

View in thread

Message 2 of 14 (80,209 Views)

All Replies

Hi @Coront,

Delete the prop file and check your firewall ports, Spore must be approved.

To fix this issue, try browsing to the Spore folder and remove the login.prop file by following the instructions below:

• Double-click on My Computer.
  • Double-click on the C: drive.
  • Double-click on Users.
  • Double-click on your User Name.
  • Double-click on AppData.
    • Note: The AppData folder may be hidden. To unhide it, go to the Control Panel and click on Folder Options, then on View. Check the box beside Show hidden files, folders and drives. Then click Apply and OK
  • Open the Roaming folder
  • Double-click on Spore.
  • Then double-click on Preferences.
  • This folder should contain the login.prop file. Right-click and delete this file and restart Spore.
  • http://help.ea.com/en/article/account-creation-or-login-issues/#1

If you continue receive the error after trying the steps above, try logging in in the following way:

If the problems are not solved by these steps , jump into this topic. -> http://answers.ea.com/t5/Spore/Spore-Account-Creation-or-Login-Issues-FAQ/m-p/1428048#U1428048
there are some tips to fix it. (Side 4)

Cheers

Liz

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden. Ich liebe das Mobile Gaming, besonders die Simpsons Springfield …

———-
Message 2 of 14 (80,210 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It didn't work, I'll try contacting customer support.

Thanks anyways!

Message 3 of 14 (73,972 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This fix didn't work for me either. Any updates on other ways to get online?  It finally let me log in, but whenever trying to verify it comes up with the same error message. I just reinstalled it on a brand new computer with windows 10 on it, and my internet is working fine. Help would be appreciated...

Message 4 of 14 (73,935 Views)

★★ Novice

Sadly, according to EA (talked to someone about it), Spore servers might be closed and dead for good.

I'm not sure at the moment. I may get an answer to whether they're dead or not at this moment.

Now, afaik, Spore servers are dead. That's the reason behind your inability to login. If they're up, then either edit the firewall to allow Spore through, check your internet, or make sure you have spore (and any expansions) registered with their product codes through Origin. If you have the steam-store versions, there should be a CD-Key to the right of the game's tab. Use that in the Origin client.

Either way, depending on your issue, it'd have to be one of those three. The latter two can be fixed, the first cannot (can't make a private server, not sure how anyways).

So if the spore servers are dead, there's nothing you can do. Apologies. Frown

Message 5 of 14 (73,936 Views)

★★★ Novice

What will deleting the login.prop file do? is there any negative affect of deleting it for good, or is there anyway to recover it and what is it supposed to accomplish by deleting it? just asking if anyone knows.

P.S. I don't think the topic that the attached link leads to is relevant to Users who installed the game from the CD set. Seeing that none of the error messages discuss are the same as the one @Coront took a screenshot of, which is the same error message I'm getting. 

Message 6 of 14 (73,305 Views)

Re: Error connecting to Spore Servers

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

it makes NO SENSE that the servers are down thousands of people play this game! EA has started a riot!

Message 7 of 14 (70,916 Views)

@CraftyDWB Hi

I'm sorry to say this, but the servers are not down.
Take a look at my screen from the ingame Sporepedia, which I also left with the original title!

/Liz

———-
Message 8 of 14 (70,898 Views)

★★ Novice
March 2018, solution works for me.
Cheers Standard smile
Message 9 of 14 (70,330 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah...I'm having this same issue trying to play on Windows 10; Galactic Edition disc based. I've tried quite a bit; deleting the login.prop file, running as an Administrator, running in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP2 and SP3 as well as compatibility mode for all versions of Vista. I've let it through both Windows Defender Firewall as well as my antivirus firewall, even temporarily uninstalled all antivirus software. Nothing seems to work. The game loads up, it gets to the start screen where it has a button to register in the bottom left corner, but when I click it it immediately brings up the unable to connect to servers message.

Seeing that as of a month ago the servers were still up and running, barring a shutdown during that time frame, I can't understand why this is happening...

Message 10 of 14 (70,245 Views)