Download Spore I already Own

by clawfang23

Original Post

Download Spore I already Own

★★★ Newbie

Okay, I own the spore game on pc disk. I got a new computer that doesn't have a disk drive (I am not the one who bought it, it was a present from a family member to replace my old one that stopped working completely). Is there any way I can redeem my spore game and download it without having to pay for the game I already own, just to get it on my computer?

Message 1 of 2 (2,667 Views)

Re: Download Spore I already Own

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I had A similar problem when I bought spore on cd and then discovered that my cd drive was busted.

There is a way to download it though. Get origin app (free) from origin.com (it will be on your desktop if you already have it)
The app is able to download any ea game to your computer as long as you've got the product code. (it"s on the manual that comes with the disk)

If you don't have origin or need help follow these instructions: 1:dowload origin.2:create origin account.3: click on your name in the top right corner of the screen.4:click "edit my profile".5:click "redeem product code".6:type in your product code.7:it will give you a multiple choise list of possible spore products like the game or galactic adenture expansion etc... and a list of languages that those products come in. just click on the regular spore game (duh). 8:click on the "my games" tab on the top left of your screen.9:click on the pic of spore. you should see a small button that says "download" click it and check "I agree" on that dumb licensing pop up that comes with all games that i've ever installed anywhere. and click continue.10:when your game is done installing it will tell you via a pop-up that says "spore is ready to play". the game willbe in origin and on your start menu. (you can create a desktop shortcut if you want, just right-click the game on the start menu and click "create dektop shortcut". ) Hope that helps Standard smile

Message 2 of 2 (2,651 Views)