Creations showing in my documents, but not in the game

by SylvePan

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Creations showing in my documents, but not in the game

★★ Novice

Hi ^^.

I started once again to play to Spore and figured out that some of my old creations, which appaer well in "my creations" folder outside the game, don't appear at all in the game sporepedia. They are buildings, creatures, and i didn't use any mod to create them ; i really don't understand why they are missing from my sporepedia. Most of my old creations are there, but just a few of them don't appear.

Also, it's a bit strange, most of my old creations don't appear in the ingame "my creations" tab ; i can find them, but only if i seach them in the "all" tab where is all the content : the download creations, maxis creations, my own... For this point, it's not really a problem, but the fact that some of my saved buildings don't appear in game while they are in my documents is more anoying é_è.

I deleted the graphic cache and moove the pollination package in my desktop as said here : https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bugs-Technical-Issues/Spore-creations-not-showing-up/m-p/8008176#M10173

But the problem is still there, some creations which appaer in "my creations" folder outside the game are missing from my sporepedia. I really don't know what to do to solve the problem, so... i hope someone here would have more skill than me to know what happen é_è.

Message 1 of 6 (1,828 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Creations showing in my documents, but not in the game

Many players only backup the "My Creations" folder, but the MVJCache folder is the brain & main Spore folder. There is Spore's brain and all of its stored crations

. You would need to have an old backup to restore it
I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden. Ich liebe das Mobile Gaming, besonders die Simpsons Springfield …

Die Simpsons Springfield -  Zeigt her euer Springfield

Die Sims 2 - Meine Stories

———-

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (1,763 Views)

All Replies

Hi @SylvePan 

Make sure you are logged in, because Spore will automatically logout after a few minutes.

Open the ingame Sporepedia ´and go to the creation overview.

Select a creation and re-edit it

Edit the creature a bit, minimize the size by zooming in/out.

Now click on the share button and shipping out to Sporpedia

Watch aswell following posts

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bugs-Technical-Issues/Spore-creations-not-showing-up/td-p/8008176

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Spore-Creatures-not-showing-up-in-Sporepedia/td-p/83754...

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden. Ich liebe das Mobile Gaming, besonders die Simpsons Springfield …

———-
Message 2 of 6 (1,800 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi :D. Thank you a lot for your fast answer !

The solution you give to me worked well to have my old creations be stored anew in the "my creations" tab in game ^^. It's really more convenient to have everything in the same place ! But the main problem is still here : some creations (actually only buildings) don't appear in game while they are in "my creations" folder out of the game. I checked to be sure i was loged, and it was the case, but... Still nothing for these creations which are there in my folder, but not in the ingame sporepedia ><.

Message 3 of 6 (1,779 Views)

Many players only backup the "My Creations" folder, but the MVJCache folder is the brain & main Spore folder. There is Spore's brain and all of its stored crations

. You would need to have an old backup to restore it

———-
Message 4 of 6 (1,764 Views)

★★ Novice
@Freggi-Liz Hi :D. I didn't know it at all, so i don't have a save of my old MVJCache. I'll know it for the next time ! Thank's for your answers ^^.
Message 5 of 6 (1,727 Views)

with pleasure!

It would be very fine always. When you backup the main folder from Spore with all the sub-files.

Not just only the creation folder Wink

- add a screen

———-
Message 6 of 6 (1,716 Views)