Crashes when clicking EA login

by DomalomRogers

Original Post

Re: Crashes when clicking EA login

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi. Yes my device can use a SD Card as added storage but I do not have a SD Card installed. I am only using the device storage. I have 56gb free space after installing Tapped Out. 

Message 21 of 48 (656 Views)

Hero
@Dredb Clearly there is nothing normal in what happens to you and sometimes the solutions found are just as strange; a user, with a similar problem, solved it by going here and changing his password; try it, it costs nothing!
https://myaccount.ea.com/cp-ui/aboutme/index
Once inside:
1) CHECK and UPDATE your personal data
2) CHECK that your email is VERIFIED, otherwise perform the verification
3) ADD a secondary email and / or phone number (they will be used in an emergency and as an alternative method to receive the security code - the phone enables VOICE or SMS)
4) SAVE the changes made
5) Before exiting, CHANGE PASSWORD (Important)

NEVER FEAR, BAFAN IS HERE!

[Bafan The Wolfman]

CCP Hero Banner

Message 22 of 48 (655 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi. I did update my password today while I was busy with EA Help on Twitter

Message 23 of 48 (648 Views)

@Dredb - do you have a lot of other Apps running ??
TSTO needs a lot of free memory to run as well as a lot of storage for all that data. If you've got the 3 button menu the square takes you to Recent Apps where you can swipe them off or Clear All to free memory, or use a Memory Cleaner App.
Just got a second hand Lenovo tablet that was set to Gestures rather than that 3 button menu, took a while to change that for the exact same reason - all the old stuff left running and I needed a quick way to get rid of it all !!

CCP Hero Banner 2 Grande.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
PS - NO ADD ME'S   List is too full, sorry

Like you I'm only a player, but I hope I can help Standard smile
Message 24 of 48 (632 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I did close all running apps and restarted my device before trying the game again. 

Message 25 of 48 (626 Views)

Hero
@Dredb forgive me, but I think I did not understand when the game crashes .. when you enter email and press login or from the home screen, when you press the EA key LOGIN?

[Bafan The Wolfman]

CCP Hero Banner

Message 26 of 48 (621 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

It crashes from this screen. It does not give me a login screen to put in my login detailsScreenshot_20220521-111149_Tapped Out.jpg

Message 27 of 48 (618 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Screenshot_20220521-121925_Tapped Out.jpgI even tried in game as well 

Message 28 of 48 (616 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Dredb- perhaps try one more re-install but this time, against previous advice, log in while it downloads.

I'm on Android and WiFi only and if I change devices or need to reinstall I always do that - Install, Enter age and Confirm, Agree to the Data Download and then Log In as it gets on with downloading the game data files. When the Download completes my town is always there ready to tap, no problems.

Only time I did have trouble was on a cheap phone with only 2GB storage and hardly any RAM - managed to run the game twice before deciding it couldn't cope !!
Oh, and a Kindle deciding to move the game to an SD, but we ruled that out for you.

CCP Hero Banner 2 Grande.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
PS - NO ADD ME'S   List is too full, sorry

Like you I'm only a player, but I hope I can help Standard smile
Message 29 of 48 (589 Views)

Hero
@Dredb From what I understand, you have already tried all sorts of things.
-You also unsuccessfully turned to Twitter support
- You can only play anonymously
- You have tried to reinstall the app several times, even turning off the wifi and using only the data line for its download
Yours is also a performing device, so I don't think there are problems with RAM (if I'm not mistaken you have 6GB) or space.
In the tips you found at the top of this thread, which were for APPLE devices, the problem was solved by deleting the app, turning off every connection, turning off the phone, waiting a few minutes and turning it back on, then installing everything ONLY with the mobile data line and logging in after each download. The wifi was turned on again only once you had entered the city .. have you already tried all this?
ONE LAST THING:
Have you checked your phone's system menu for updates to the operating system?

[Bafan The Wolfman]

CCP Hero Banner

Message 30 of 48 (582 Views)