by DomalomRogers

Original Post

Re: Crashes when clicking EA login

★★★ Novice

I have the same problem … crash when I clik on login Frown

Message 11 of 48 (2,232 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Argone- see what else is running, both in Recent Apps and in Settings and stop as much as you can - Don't panic, the important stuff will re-start any way.
Use a Memory Cleaner app to tidy up.
Have a good look at storage, see what you can delete or uninstall and what you could move to an SD memory card or to the cloud. - NOTE: The game won't work properly from SD, don't move that !!
The game needs a fair bit of memory and system storage to run so do what you can to give it space.
I got the same a while ago trying an Android phone with 2GB of System Storage and a pitiful amount of RAM and ended up buying a tablet - not always an option I know so try a tidy-up first.
I also bought an unbranded tablet last year that came with a nonsense warning only phones could run Android apps, took over an hour to install and that crashed so I sent it back and went looking for something that actually worked. Too many badly built devices out there so if that's the case push for a refund from where you bought it.

CCP Hero Banner 2 Grande.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
PS - NO ADD ME'S   List is too full, sorry

Like you I'm only a player, but I hope I can help Standard smile
Message 12 of 48 (2,215 Views)

Hero
@Argone What device are we talking about? Apple, Android, Amazon Fire ...

NEVER FEAR, BAFAN IS HERE!

[Bafan The Wolfman]

CCP Hero Banner

Message 13 of 48 (2,199 Views)

★★★ Novice

As the original post, my problem is on iOS (iOS is up to date and Simpsons too)

But I've got exactly the same problem on bluestack (android)

Message 14 of 48 (2,183 Views)

Hero
@Argone Bluestacks is an emulator and is not part of EA's support because the app is not released for that program; in that case the crash could depend on many other factors.
As for Apple… it is something that unfortunately is happening often; a user received this procedure from Apple:
- Uninstall the application
- Turn off all data connections (wifi and mobile)
- Turn off the device and wait a few minutes
- Restart the device
- Turn on only the MOBILE data connection if available
- Download and install the application
- Let download all updates WITHOUT logging in
- If everything works correctly, the WIFI connection can be activated
Unfortunately I understand that if the device does not have a mobile data connection it is difficult to perform this test.
I wanted to add another very important thing:
Check that there are no problems with your game profile; connect and log in (with email and password) here => https://myaccount.ea.com/cp-ui/aboutme/index
Once connected, check and update your details, verify that the email is VERIFIED (double check) and possibly add a security contact (secondary email or telephone number).
The phone number can also be used to log in to the game as an alternative method of receiving the code.
BEFORE leaving your game profile, CHANGE PASSWORD.

NEVER FEAR, BAFAN IS HERE!

[Bafan The Wolfman]

CCP Hero Banner

Message 15 of 48 (2,168 Views)

@Argone wrote:

As the original post, my problem is on iOS (iOS is up to date 

Up to date, what does that mean?

It is different for different devices

Latest (depending on device), that can run TSTO can be

Which one is it?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 16 of 48 (2,157 Views)

★★★ Novice
@minicha-em 15.4.1
Message 17 of 48 (2,152 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Bafanc Thanks for this message.
I made all the procedure and now it's OK !
Message 18 of 48 (2,143 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@DomalomRogers I have the same problem on Android. I am using a new device (Samsung S20fe). I have cleared the cache, checked time and date, enabled login verification, Uninstaller and reinstalled, waited till fully install with all additional downloads. Tried wifi and 3G/4G. Still crashing when I hit the Login button. It's not even taking me to a login screen. The game closes immediately
Message 19 of 48 (1,987 Views)

@Dredb - does your device have added storage, SD card etc, and is it set to use that where it can ??
Android wrongly thinks the game will run from an SD card but it needs to be in the main system storage to work correctly.
To be honest that usually starts but keeps re-downloading that huge data file but it is worth checking.
If it's there you should have an option to move to device storage and perhaps that'll fix it for you. Good luck.

CCP Hero Banner 2 Grande.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
PS - NO ADD ME'S   List is too full, sorry

Like you I'm only a player, but I hope I can help Standard smile
Message 20 of 48 (1,979 Views)