Cheap space Homer part 7 bugged

by CanadianPapaBear

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cheap space Homer part 7 bugged

★★★ Newbie

My quest for Cheap Space Homer is bugged. It appears I got the quests out of order and currently have part 7 but can't launch a rocket cause I never got part 6 to make it. I've tried storing the launch pad, the hanger and Nara building and replacing them but no luck. Also confirmed Homer has the space suit outfit but problem continues. Can anyone help please?

Message 1 of 14 (1,509 Views)

Accepted Solution

Rif.: Cheap space Homer part 7 bugged

Try this ...

When Homer is free tap him and change to the Deep Space Homer skin

Check his tasks for a 6 second job to Launch the Rocket

That may be at the end of the list so check all jobs

See what happens if it lets you do the task

CCP Hero Banner 2 Grande.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
PS - NO ADD ME'S   List is too full, sorry

Like you I'm only a player, but I hope I can help Standard smile

View in thread

Message 11 of 14 (372 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@CanadianPapaBear Do you remember what was the last part you got, before 7?
You could try to manually perform the missions foreseen in the previous parts.
For example, part 6 of the questline looked like this: "Make Simpsons Put Rocket Ship Together (x4)" - You can try to have Bart, Lisa, Homer, Marge, and Granpa perform this quest if it's on their list.

NEVER FEAR, BAFAN IS HERE!

[Bafan The Wolfman]

CCP Hero Banner

Message 2 of 14 (1,483 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@Bafanc

Thank you for the reply.

I checked Bart, Lisa, Homer, Marge, and Grandpa, but none of them have the quest on their list (or anything similarly named).

I believe I actually had a different quest before this one, and I've read others have experienced getting their quests out of order as well. I don't recall getting the Part 6 "Put the rocket ship together (x4)" quest at all.

Message 3 of 14 (1,475 Views)

Hero

@CanadianPapaBear  ha scritto:

@Bafanc

Thank you for the reply.

I checked Bart, Lisa, Homer, Marge, and Grandpa, but none of them have the quest on their list (or anything similarly named).

I believe I actually had a different quest before this one, and I've read others have experienced getting their quests out of order as well. I don't recall getting the Part 6 "Put the rocket ship together (x4)" quest at all.

Mine is just a guess, but here you can find a list of questline missions. It could be useful for you to understand where the cycle stopped and try to force it!

Cheap Space Homer | The Simpsons: Tapped Out Wiki | Fandom

I have another idea, maybe unhealthy, but never said... Do you have any other rockets, with their bases, in your inventory? I ask because this particular decoration had already appeared in the game, but it didn't work properly; this bug had been fixed with a patch. I would not like maybe you have a duplicate in your inventory, taken at the time, and the game sees the rocket (the other) already built. In this case it would be useful to put him on the field of play.

[Bafan The Wolfman]

CCP Hero Banner

Message 4 of 14 (1,471 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@Bafanc 

Thank you for that info.

I went through page and broke down all the quests as follows:

Cheap Space Homer Pt. 1
Requirements: Make Quimby Work Out Payments
Reward: Space Training Center

Cheap Space Homer Pt. 2
Requirements: Earn NARA Certification Stars
Reward:Deep Space Homer

Cheap Space Homer Pt. 3
Requirements: Tap the Space Training Center & Earn NARA Certification Stars
Reward: Shuttle Hangar

Cheap Space Homer Pt. 4
Requirements: Make Associates Collect Payments & Earn NARA Certification Stars
Reward: Deep Space Homer's Gather Insect Specimens job

Cheap Space Homer Pt. 5

Requirements: Make Deep Space Homer Gather Insect Specimens & Earn NARA Certification Stars
Reward: Deep Space Homer's Walk Like a Hero job

Cheap Space Homer Pt. 6

Requirements: Make Simpsons Put Rocket Ship Together & Earn NARA Certification Stars
Reward: Upgraded Rocket Launch Pad

So that means I should have:

Space Training Center
Deep Space Homer
Shuttle Hangar
Deep Space Homer's Gather Insect Specimens job
Deep Space Homer's Walk Like a Hero job
Upgraded Rocket Launch Pad

I checked and I have the Space Training Center, Deep Space Home, Shuttle Hanger.

I checked Deep Space Homer's jobs and he has both Gather Insect Specimens, and Walk Like a Hero.

I then activated the Insect job, spent the 4 donuts to finish it right away, then activated the Walk job and used 2 donuts to finish it right away.

At that point nothing new happened. 

I'm guessing the "Upgraded Rocket Launch Pad" is my current pad with the Rocket, so points again to Part 6 not being completed some how.

I also emptied my inventory (there are no other Pads or Rockets in the inventory but I emptied just in case), but still in the same boat.

Message 5 of 14 (1,437 Views)

Hero

@CanadianPapaBear if you tap the rocket, do you get the option to have the rocket blast off? Have you done that at all since you got it? What happens if you have it blast off and let the task finish?

I am not an employee of EA. I am just another player trying to help.
If you found this answer helped, please grant +XP and/or accept as the solution so others can benefit.
Message 6 of 14 (1,416 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@11EEvey I only have the launch pad, no rocket on it, none in my inventory, so never had a chance to tap it. Taping the empty launch pad does nothing either.

Message 7 of 14 (1,414 Views)

Hero
@CanadianPapaBear Forgot to ask what kind of device you play on and if you tried logging in using a different one (perhaps store the launch pad and log out, then log in on a different device and put the ramp back on the ground gameplay - I don't have many expectations from this experiment, but it's still a test that can be done)

[Bafan The Wolfman]

CCP Hero Banner

Message 8 of 14 (1,394 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Heya, also got this problem here. I have tried the most recent suggestion (Try on a different device) and unfortunately nothing has changed. Thanks 😊 

Message 9 of 14 (1,315 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same problem here. Still no fix as of the latest update...

Message 10 of 14 (1,195 Views)