Cannot Connect to Server

by wildarrow61

Original Post

Cannot Connect to Server

★★★★★ Novice

Hi

I keep having this issue.  (4.68.0:13:0-6a6306c5-39c40a35).  It tried to synchronize but keep saying cannot connect to server.  I have :

.1  shut down and restart;

.2  uninstall and reinstall

Can any one advise?  Thanks

Message 1 of 11 (430 Views)

Re: Cannot Connect to Server

★ Pro
@wildarrow61 Are you using a vpn. If so turn it off. Do you have a different connection that you can use? ie if you are on wifi can you switch to mobile data just to test? Let us know.
Message 2 of 11 (414 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi 

I tried but still cannot.

Message 3 of 11 (408 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Willy9292 Tks. Tried but unsuccessful.
Message 4 of 11 (407 Views)

★ Pro
@wildarrow61 If you play logged in with an EA account I would try an uninstall and reinstall combo. whst id the device you are playing on.
Message 5 of 11 (376 Views)

Re: hConnect to Server

★★★★★ Novice

Hi 

Thank you for your patience.  I have uninstall and reinstall but after launching the game for a couple of minutes, the same msg appeared.  I am using a Samsung Galaxy Tab A.

Message 6 of 11 (350 Views)

★ Pro
@wildarrow61 Its not clear from your message, did you actually get into the game for a few minutes then got the can't connect message again?
Message 7 of 11 (338 Views)

Hero

@wildarrow61 

General troubleshooting tips:

• Update your device software

• Check for any Tapped Out update in store

• Log out/Log back in

• Restart device

• Clear cache

• Free up space (some devices may require 8-12 GB free space and Apple devices may require up to 10% of the total space free) IOS lies to you. regularly clear history of spotify and safari if you use them and make sure offload apps is turned off.

• Hard close the game and restart

• Load on another device Maybe a friend or family member would let you borrow one for a few minutes to try

• Try a different wifi/connection/internet/broadband

• Disconnect from your internet equipment, Reboot it then reconnect
  • Change the date and time save and then change back to correct reboot

• Close all other apps before playing

• Only use the app icon to open the game not a notification

• Close any VPN before opening the game

• Accept or decline any pending friend requests

• Change your password at ea.com change your password to be less than 15 characters with only letters and numbers in it. (It can take a couple minutes to reflect it in game) Do not change your password while the game is open on a device

• Add a real mobile phone number, use this to log in if you have issues with email login

• If connected to EA/Origin: uninstall / reinstall game (Do NOT do this if you play anonymously)

• Synchronize your game often by visiting the friend's screen so your game progress is saved

• https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Simpsons-Tapped-Out/How-to-resolve-crashing-freezing-and-loading-progr...

• https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/?product=the-simpsons-tapped-out

Message 8 of 11 (337 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi.  Yes I did actually got into the game for a few minutes and then got the 'cannot connect to the server' message.  Latest update:  It is now working fine after the last try.  I have no idea what has happened so cross my fingers that it will work again tomorrow.  Hey, thanks for your assistance!  You have been great!

Message 9 of 11 (332 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hey, thanks for the suggestions!  Much appreciated

Message 10 of 11 (331 Views)