Can't name any creations 2

by Pockery

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't name any creations 2

★★★ Novice

I can´t name any type of creations, because the bar does not allow any input (can't select the Name Your Creation bar, it just closes itself). It didn't bothered me since I could download some and edit them, thus making possible to continue the game. I also could change their names during the first three stages without any problem, it just was the creature (and buldings and vehicles) creator. But I reached the stage whre you need to make a city hall  and I can´t save the city hall, thus I can´t progress more than the tribal stage. It also does not allow me to load a creation in this part, making the game unplayable. What do I do? I already deleted all my creations and the ones I downloaded (except one that I can't see in the Sporepedia), and deleted & reinstalled the game several times. I play through Steam. Does anybody has a definitive fix? Because I can´t comprehend how this persists altough I reinstalled the game several times. Thanks, regards. Thumbs up

@EA_Barry  Can I get an update on this? Thanks, regards.

Message 1 of 5 (3,436 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't name any creations 2

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Never had this issue before. But what I do know is that when playing through the game, it is impossible to rename your species in tribal, civilization and space. It seems to be having this effect but corrupted over to editors.

Right now, the only thing I can think of is to delete or move the Spore folder elsewhere located in C:\Users\<YOUR USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming, then trying to load the game again to see if the problem fixes itself.

Note: The Appdata is hidden by default. Depending on your operating system, there are different ways on how to unhide the folder. Simply just do a google search on how to unhide the folder along with your operating system.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (3,408 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Never had this issue before. But what I do know is that when playing through the game, it is impossible to rename your species in tribal, civilization and space. It seems to be having this effect but corrupted over to editors.

Right now, the only thing I can think of is to delete or move the Spore folder elsewhere located in C:\Users\<YOUR USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming, then trying to load the game again to see if the problem fixes itself.

Note: The Appdata is hidden by default. Depending on your operating system, there are different ways on how to unhide the folder. Simply just do a google search on how to unhide the folder along with your operating system.

Message 2 of 5 (3,409 Views)

★★★ Novice
I'm using Windows 10 and I can't find it. I have the Steam folder located under a custom directory. May that have something to do? I don't have the game installed in the moment, but I can't find from other games neither. Thanks for your help, cheers.
Message 3 of 5 (3,397 Views)

★★★ Novice
It solved for me. Many thanks. I'll tell some folks I found that had the same issue about this. Kind regards.
Message 4 of 5 (3,389 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@Sharples65 In this particular case (with a city hall) it looks like Pollination.package file contains corrupted data. The other files can be restored (copied back from the backup), but this one causes the bug to re-appear.
Message 5 of 5 (2,135 Views)