Can't change profile picture on Sporepedia

by Richard01_CZ

Original Post

Can't change profile picture on Sporepedia

★★ Novice

I cannot change my profile picture on Sporepedia to image that i have on my compter. I seems it is doing something but the image doesn't change. I already contacted EA game advisor for help but he told me that i should ask on forum that they could help me there.

Message 1 of 8 (2,057 Views)

Re: Can't change profile picture on Sporepedia

Hi @Richard01_CZ

Make sure that the picture has the correct size and file format.
I would try it with another browser, possibly also empty the cache and delete the cookies of the respective browser

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …
Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden.
❤️ TSTO - Die Simpsons Springfield
❤️ Sims Freeplay.. ❤️ Sims 2-3-4 auf MBP

Meine Sims 4 Geschichten und Kreationen 

Message 2 of 8 (2,024 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

What size it should be? Mine profile picture on game clients is 500x500 pixels and it is .png

Message 3 of 8 (2,018 Views)

[ Edited ]

The best size will be 250x250 png or jpg

Or 150x150 png or jpg

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …
Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden.
❤️ TSTO - Die Simpsons Springfield
❤️ Sims Freeplay.. ❤️ Sims 2-3-4 auf MBP

Meine Sims 4 Geschichten und Kreationen 

Message 4 of 8 (2,001 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did you ever resolve this? I have the same problem!

Message 5 of 8 (1,622 Views)

How do you change your in-game profile picture? Or can't it not be changed?

★★★ Novice

I've been playing spore since 2013-2014 after my older brother bought it in 2009-2010 and later gave it to me. 
I recently (a few days ago) created an EA account since I was finally able to, and I uploaded one of my 2013 creations as a test. I did not know about the profile picture creature thing and I don't want it to stay as my profile creature, I tried removing it from sporepedia trough spore.com but even after the creation was removed it stayed my profile. Anyone know this???

Message 6 of 8 (1,296 Views)

Re: How do you change your in-game profile picture? Or can't it not be changed?

★ Guide
You need to go to your Screen Name settings on your MySpore page: http://www.spore.com/view/screenNameManage

You can set a different user image for each persona in your account.
Message 7 of 8 (1,274 Views)

Re: How do you change your in-game profile picture? Or can't it not be changed?

★★ Novice

For anyone looking for a solution in the future, here it is:

I managed to change my profile picture on the Sporepedia by uploading a 200x200 .jpg image.

My original 544 x 640 .png image didn't work. It just wouldn't update.

But resizing it to 200x200 and saving it as .jpg in MS Paint fixed this issue. Now spore.com did accept my image.

Message 8 of 8 (883 Views)