Re: Can't activate my old retail Spore Key

by Lichtbaum

Original Post

Can't activate my old retail Spore Key

★★★ Newbie

Hi i bought Spore serveral years ago and wanted to play it again. So I tried to activate my serial on origin but it says it's already used.

I can see in my account that it should be linked to my origin, because its registered on my account. I can't install it from the CD either.

Are there any solutions to my problems?

Thanks,

busee-j

Message 1 of 6 (971 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have the same problem. I waited for some time to chat with their Help Desk, but nobody was live. I'd guess an email should do. Did you resolved the problem by now?

Message 2 of 6 (918 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have a similar issue. Game installed and runs just fine, as did a friend's copy of Galactic Adventures, but I tried to use the key to link the base game so I could reinstall Creepy & Cute, and I got the message. And this exact copy of Spore is the game I created my EA account to play on top of that.

Message 3 of 6 (715 Views)

★★★ Novice

You should contact EA, then they'll link your old key to your Origin account.

Message 4 of 6 (699 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I tried contacting support two times now, but neither could help me with activation.

First person told me the key was already in my account and it was an "online access code" (I guess Sporepedia, etc.) and not for the actual game. There is only one code in the retail box, printed on the handbook.

Second person told me to contact Amazon (place where I bought it, in 2008). I am unable to right now because it's night time, and I doubt they can or will help me with a 10 year old purchase.

I used this same EA account to play Spore back in the days before Origin and it does have Sporepedia access, but support is unable to add the game to my account. Is there anything specific you have to tell them?

Message 5 of 6 (671 Views)

Hi @Lichtbaum 

Unfortunately, I cannot help you with the manual linking of the spore to your account.

This is only possible through the support tagging in this case @EA_Barry 

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …
Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden.
❤️ TSTO - Die Simpsons Springfield
❤️ Sims Freeplay.. ❤️ Sims 2-3-4 auf MBP

Meine Sims 4 Geschichten und Kreationen 

Message 6 of 6 (645 Views)