Betreff: Camera spinning around creature

by Anam_Liath

Original Post

Camera spinning around creature

★ Apprentice

Tonight after I had played for an hour or so, my camera started spinning (rotating) around my creature in game. I tried saving my planet, ending out and going back in, and then saving the game, ending and restarting. Neither had any effect on that planet.

The rotation is quite fast and rather sickening. I tried dragging the cursor in the opposite direction from the rotation, but that only slowed it for an instant. It was actually rather sickening to watch.

I've bee playing Spore since it came out, and this is a new one on me. I'd appreciate any help you can give me. If nothing else, I'll delete that planet and try again. It's not like I'm terribly invested in it, since I was just getting a feel for gameplay again.

Thanks!

(I have another problem, but I'll post it under a separate topic)

Message 1 of 5 (889 Views)

Re: Camera spinning around creature

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

OK. So I keep trying to post my other issue, which is my old creations not populating my documents/my spore creations file.   

Every time I look for that post, either in the index, or linked to my user ID, it's not found, and the one time I did see it, it had been marked as spam, without any warning or explanation to me. I HAVE looked for the same issue, and have found similar ones, but not the same as mine. I don't know why it's being deleted, so I'm reposting here.

This is the first time I've seen this problem. I reinstalled from EA and started playing again this week. I had installed many, many times from disc and from EA previously, but have not had this issue.

My original creations on the database are not being written back to Documents/My Spore Creations. The only thing going in the My Spore Creations files are new creations.In game. I can see all of my old creations in the my Share Panel, they just never propagate to the documents/My Spore Creations directory.

Additionally, since that directory is not being populated, I can't play offline, since when I try, there are none of my creations, either old or new in the Shared creations panel.

I have reinstalled twice now after deleting all of my directories and program files/roaming files, to no avail.

I did search before posting, but am quite frustrated and would love any help.

Thanks.

Message 2 of 5 (845 Views)

@Anam_Liath Hi,

I think it may be a stuck a key on your keyboard, or your mouse!

Tapping on each key on your keyboard few time, hopeful it works again

If nothing works, try out these steps

Before you delete anything, make a backup of your completely game.

Under My Documents

Spore Creations  Folder and under and under C: / Users / / AppData / Roaming (/ SPORE) completely Spore Folder

Deleting Preferences folder.

There are non-critical settings in this folder.

Navigate to > C: / Users / / AppData / Roaming (/ SPORE)

Deleting the game cache in your game

Navigate under \Users\(Username)\AppData\Roaming\SPORE

Delete the file GraphicsCache.package.

Restart your game again

/Liz

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …
Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden.
❤️ TSTO - Die Simpsons Springfield
❤️ Sims Freeplay.. ❤️ Sims 2-3-4 auf MBP

Meine Sims 4 Geschichten und Kreationen 

Message 3 of 5 (851 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I'll backup and delete the preferences file and see what happens. Neither the keyboard or mouse have problems. I use both for development and playing other games and would've noticed, but in any case, I tested all keys, and found no errors. Nor am I finding problems with Windows 10 detecting key, mouse over or mouse firing events. 

I have seen other oddities in Spore (been playing since 2008), just never the constant whirling or the lack of population of my former creations to the  documents/my spore creations files.

I noticed on reloading over the last couple days that you are on my buddy list. I always looked for creations I'd like to see show up in my game. :D

I had to lose the current game, since there are four epics and two of them are flying epics, which I always find amusing (and harder to kill).

Message 4 of 5 (780 Views)

★ Apprentice

I do hate to completely dump the appdata roaming files, since I have over 20K buddy creations and it takes about 4 hours to reload them all. That's why I dislike complete reinstalls as well. I have lost many of my notes about spore, since they were in older, currently unsupported, versions of One Note. I'm trying to recover those. 

Message 5 of 5 (768 Views)