Buddies cannot see my creations

by McPainty

Original Post

Buddies cannot see my creations

★★ Novice

Hey all,

****I know this issue is similar to many others, but I seem to be struggling to follow the instructions on how to fix the issue because most of the replies link to old threads and the links won't take me to the thread, only to the front help page. So if you're going to give me a link to another thread, please make sure the link works.****

I'm having an issue with sharing my creations. I currently have two buddies who are subscribed to me (and I them). I can see their creatures and creations in my game and have no problem with that. My buddies can also see each others creations as well. But my buddies are unable to see my creations and have not come across any of my things in their games. My game appears to share all of my creations automatically and thus I have not manually shared most of them. The only way I can manually share them myself is if I go into the creation, edit the creations slightly, save, and then share. But even when I've done this, they still don't appear for my buddies. 

I also noticed that very few of my creations have been uploaded to Spore.com despite all of my creations having the green checkmark saying they have been shared. The only creations that appear on spore.com is the 6ish creations I've manually shared since they were not previously shared (they were never shared automatically in the first place, and thus were different than my previous method going into the creation, editing, and re-sharing). I'm not sure if this has anything to do with my buddies being unable to see my creations but it is a detail that I noticed that I think maybe a factor.

We all play on PC, on the Steam version of Spore if that makes a difference. We have all bought the game, we are all logged in, and no one has any of the sharing restrictions enabled in settings (like only downloading creations -7 days old, etc). If you need more info, I'm happy to give it, we just want to be able to play with each other's creations. 

Any and all help is very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.  

Message 1 of 11 (1,638 Views)

Betreff: Buddies cannot see my creations

@McPainty  schrieb:

Hey all,

****I know this issue is similar to many others, but I seem to be struggling to follow the instructions on how to fix the issue because most of the replies link to old threads and the links won't take me to the thread, only to the front help page. So if you're going to give me a link to another thread, please make sure the link works.****

Hi @McPainty 

First. I always try to keep the links uptodate. The Main Spore forum was closed a few months ago, some links no longer work on the various search engines.

If these still appear somewhere into inet, it is not my job to fix them, right!

It looks like you do not use the right attitude in your game.

Expand the graphics cache
Set a hook , you want to have your buddies creation
It may also be necessary to delete the old graphics cache.
Instructions in the FAQ 👇

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bugs-Technical-Issues/Read-before-posting-Spore-MASTER-FAQ-for-PC-amp-MAC/...

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …
Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden.
❤️ TSTO - Die Simpsons Springfield
❤️ Sims Freeplay.. ❤️ Sims 2-3-4 auf MBP

Meine Sims 4 Geschichten und Kreationen 

Message 2 of 11 (1,604 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi @Freggi-Liz,

I wasn't trying to imply that you were responsible for updating all of the previous links that you or others have posted. All I meant by that message was to inform you and others who may respond that those links do not work anymore. I wanted to prevent someone from attempting to repost the links again and me having to explain that those links no longer work. I appreciate you trying to keep the links up to date, and for your help so far. 

I'm not sure what you mean by, "It looks like you do not use the right attitude in your game" or by "Set a hook, you want to have your buddies creation". Could you explain how to set a hook? I did expand the graphics cache to the max settings, but it didn't appear to help.

Also for clarification, I am able to see my buddies creations. The issue is that my buddies are unable to see mine. Not sure if that makes a difference or if it wasn't clear. 

Message 3 of 11 (1,591 Views)

@McPainty Hi,

If your creations aren't see by your friends, they should clear the graphics cache aswell.

In order to do this, 

- You must have admin permission

- You should make all folders visible

Instructions keep a eye here

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bugs-Technical-Issues/why-does-spore-keep-closing-its-self/m-p/7861497#M99...

Unfortunately, I do not know if this is an error through Steam - because I don't work with the Steam Client

And yes make a hook, if you only want to have the creations of your friends.

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …
Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden.

Message 4 of 11 (1,579 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi again @Freggi-Liz ,

Thanks again for your willingness to help thus far. 

Sorry for not replying sooner, my friends took a while to follow the instructions you gave. However, even with all 3 of us following the directions you gave, they are still unable to view my creatures. 

However, we have discovered something strange with my spore game that may be the cause of the problem. In my spore game, my creatures are automatically shared as soon as I save them. On the other hand, my buildings and vehicles are not automatically shared. When I share my buildings and vehicles, my friends are able to see them in their game, as normal. But my creatures are still unable to be shared properly.

I believe the issue may have something to do with my creatures being automatically shared, as it does not share properly when it does this. But, I don't know how to get my creatures to stop being shared automatically upon save. I was unable to find any options or settings to change this. Is there a way to get my creatures to stop sharing themselves upon saving them?

Thanks again for your help and patience. 

Message 5 of 11 (1,500 Views)

I believe the issue may have something to do with my creatures being automatically shared, as it does not share properly when it does this. But, I don't know how to get my creatures to stop being shared automatically upon save. I was unable to find any options or settings to change this. Is there a way to get my creatures to stop sharing themselves upon saving them?

@McPainty Hi,

A pure settings in these things does not exist. The only trick that could work would be, that you do not go online immediately. When you're create a creation, save your creations ingame. Afterwards log in, share it from your ingame Sporepedia.

Message 6 of 11 (1,493 Views)

★★ Novice

@Freggi-Liz 

So does this mean that the game randomly decides to share some creations but not others when I'm online? That is very unusual. There usually is a reason behind it when games share items like this. I remember very vaguely long ago setting my game up to share creatures automatically so my friends could see them. I suppose I could be misremembering though. Are you sure that there are no functions set in place that allow the game to share creations for you when you're online? Because this continuous sharing does not happen with my friends' creations at all, and I do somewhat remember setting something up in this way. 

I don't mean to contradict you, I am merely attempting to trace my steps and perhaps undo this auto-sharing that I have done in my game somehow. Thanks again for your help so far. 

Message 7 of 11 (1,466 Views)

You can use this setting to control whether your creatures are shared immediately or manually by Enabling/Disabling Automatic Login through Spore

Take a look at my screen

If you have saved your creations ingame Sporepedia, you can also shared them directly from there

Message 8 of 11 (1,460 Views)

★★ Novice

I see what you mean, I have followed your instructions and have started to play offline. However, I created a few new creatures while offline to test things out, and my sporepedia still says that they are shared (aka they have the globe with a green checkmark icon).  

Message 9 of 11 (1,455 Views)

Unfortunately I don't have any tips anymore, I'm so sorry. Please contact a game advisor for further assistance

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Answer-HQ/How-to-contact-a-Game-Advisor-using-the-new-EA-Help-page/m-p/2161...

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/contact-ea-help/

Message 10 of 11 (1,437 Views)