Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Buddies cannot see my creations

by McPainty

Original Post

Buddies cannot see my creations

★★★★ Newbie

Hey all,

****I know this issue is similar to many others, but I seem to be struggling to follow the instructions on how to fix the issue because most of the replies link to old threads and the links won't take me to the thread, only to the front help page. So if you're going to give me a link to another thread, please make sure the link works.****

I'm having an issue with sharing my creations. I currently have two buddies who are subscribed to me (and I them). I can see their creatures and creations in my game and have no problem with that. My buddies can also see each others creations as well. But my buddies are unable to see my creations and have not come across any of my things in their games. My game appears to share all of my creations automatically and thus I have not manually shared most of them. The only way I can manually share them myself is if I go into the creation, edit the creations slightly, save, and then share. But even when I've done this, they still don't appear for my buddies. 

I also noticed that very few of my creations have been uploaded to Spore.com despite all of my creations having the green checkmark saying they have been shared. The only creations that appear on spore.com is the 6ish creations I've manually shared since they were not previously shared (they were never shared automatically in the first place, and thus were different than my previous method going into the creation, editing, and re-sharing). I'm not sure if this has anything to do with my buddies being unable to see my creations but it is a detail that I noticed that I think maybe a factor.

We all play on PC, on the Steam version of Spore if that makes a difference. We have all bought the game, we are all logged in, and no one has any of the sharing restrictions enabled in settings (like only downloading creations -7 days old, etc). If you need more info, I'm happy to give it, we just want to be able to play with each other's creations. 

Any and all help is very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.  

Message 1 of 4 (105 Views)

Betreff: Buddies cannot see my creations

@McPainty  schrieb:

Hey all,

****I know this issue is similar to many others, but I seem to be struggling to follow the instructions on how to fix the issue because most of the replies link to old threads and the links won't take me to the thread, only to the front help page. So if you're going to give me a link to another thread, please make sure the link works.****

Hi @McPainty 

First. I always try to keep the links uptodate. The Main Spore forum was closed a few months ago, some links no longer work on the various search engines.

If these still appear somewhere into inet, it is not my job to fix them, right!

It looks like you do not use the right attitude in your game.

Expand the graphics cache
Set a hook , you want to have your buddies creation
It may also be necessary to delete the old graphics cache.
Instructions in the FAQ 👇

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bugs-Technical-Issues/Read-before-posting-Spore-MASTER-FAQ-for-PC-amp-MAC/...

I don't work for EA - I'm just only help other users
Jag jobbar inte för EA - jag hjälper bara andra spelare
Ich bin nur ein Spieler der anderen hilft und kein EA Mitarbeiter.
Mvh/Yours Liz
Message 2 of 4 (71 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

Hi @Freggi-Liz,

I wasn't trying to imply that you were responsible for updating all of the previous links that you or others have posted. All I meant by that message was to inform you and others who may respond that those links do not work anymore. I wanted to prevent someone from attempting to repost the links again and me having to explain that those links no longer work. I appreciate you trying to keep the links up to date, and for your help so far. 

I'm not sure what you mean by, "It looks like you do not use the right attitude in your game" or by "Set a hook, you want to have your buddies creation". Could you explain how to set a hook? I did expand the graphics cache to the max settings, but it didn't appear to help.

Also for clarification, I am able to see my buddies creations. The issue is that my buddies are unable to see mine. Not sure if that makes a difference or if it wasn't clear. 

Message 3 of 4 (58 Views)

@McPainty Hi,

If your creations aren't see by your friends, they should clear the graphics cache aswell.

In order to do this, 

- You must have admin permission

- You should make all folders visible

Instructions keep a eye here

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bugs-Technical-Issues/why-does-spore-keep-closing-its-self/m-p/7861497#M99...

Unfortunately, I do not know if this is an error through Steam - because I don't work with the Steam Client

And yes make a hook, if you only want to have the creations of your friends.

I don't work for EA - I'm just only help other users
Jag jobbar inte för EA - jag hjälper bara andra spelare
Ich bin nur ein Spieler der anderen hilft und kein EA Mitarbeiter.
Mvh/Yours Liz
Message 4 of 4 (46 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help