Brave New World Pt.3 - Land Deeds / Prospector's Map not progressing

by xblakestone

Original Post

Brave New World Pt.3 - Land Deeds / Prospector's Map not progressing

★★ Novice

When the Brave New World quest started it unlocks the Prospector's Shack which allows you to generate Land Deeds / Prospector's Maps to unlock the new map tiles etc. I simply unlocked all the new map tiles with donuts and it broke this quest and now I can not complete it - it's stuck on Brave New World Pt.3 where you need to Make the Group Prospect the New Frontier clicking this simply selects the Prospector's Shack and does nothing else.

Any ideas how to complete this task - it's been sitting in my list for almost 2 years now 

Message 1 of 10 (700 Views)

Rif.: Brave New World Pt.3 - Land Deeds / Prospector's Map not progressing

Hero
@xblakestone After 2 years, I still have land to buy! But you were too fast; and now?
I don't think there are many things to do! Try contacting support and see if they have any solution for you!
https://help.ea.com/help/the-simpsons/the-simpsons-tapped-out/contact-support-for-the-simpsons-tappe...

NEVER FEAR, BAFAN IS HERE!

[Bafan The Wolfman]

CCP Hero Banner

Message 2 of 10 (678 Views)

Rif.: Brave New World Pt.3 - Land Deeds / Prospector's Map not progressing

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Thanks for the link

Message 3 of 10 (652 Views)

Re: Brave New World Pt.3 - Land Deeds / Prospector's Map not progressing

★★★ Newbie
@xblakestone I'll face the same problem, how to solve this?
Message 4 of 10 (293 Views)

Hero

@Otakufreaks27  Are you stuck in the quest like the op? Have you read or followed the suggestion above to call support? If you are not stuck at pt 3 of the quest and have a different issue from the OP, please make a new separate post clearly explaining your issue.

Message 5 of 10 (285 Views)

Community Manager

@xblakestone If the quest itself is truly stuck, and none of the suggestions have resolved an issue like this, what we have to do is go into the game and try to roll back or fix that questline. Sadly not something we can do over the forums as we have to verify the account. Reaching out to support would be the best option after performing any troubleshooting steps with your game!

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 6 of 10 (266 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Yes - this issue is still outstanding for me. Basically I used donuts to buy most of the land tokens which affected the linked quest. It has been 2+ years later and the quest is still stuck on my account (see attachment). I have just been ignoring it all this time. Would be great to have this resolved!

Edit: I did contact support and received a message from support saying they had acknowledged the issue but needed to be escalated to the developers and that I maybe contacted them for further information but was never contacted or heard anything else again.

Message 7 of 10 (158 Views)

Hero

@xblakestone Have you considered contacting them again? Only support can remove the task. you may need to contact them several times to get them to help you. Choose technical support M-F US Central time business hours

Message 8 of 10 (149 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

The last time I contacted support I got the impression that since no one else had reported the issue that it wasn't a big deal for them hence why it was never resolved. I believe if more people report this issue and not just me it may get them to actually look at this issue.

Edit: I am a game developer myself and would not go and change the code in any of my games if a single person contacted me saying they had an issue - so I understand why this is still outstanding.

Message 9 of 10 (147 Views)

Community Manager

@xblakestone is correct on this one. This thread is over a year old, and there are only a couple of replies, so it won't get sent up as something the dev team needs to look into.

Anyone having issue like this, and standard troubleshooting isn't working, support is the next step. They need to look at each account to try to resolve it from a tool perspective and not a game update for everyone. Not everyone is having the same issue.

If enough players add to this or start a new thread, which we may have to do, we will send it to the games team to see if they can look into it.

Changing the code or an update for a few people does not happen unless many players have the issue. Sometimes, all it takes is a single workaround to resolve.

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 10 of 10 (104 Views)