Re: Auto uploading creatures/sharing creatures on my spore page?

by Freggi-Liz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Auto uploading creatures/sharing creatures on my spore page?

★★★ Novice

Hello helpful Spore peeps! I apologize if this topic is a duplicate, but I have been searching for over a half hour and can't seem to find any answers. I loved this game so much when it came out in 2008. I finally got it connecting to the internet today, so I got playing and created my first new creature. So, two questions:

1. Ingame Spore says my creature has been uploaded to my sporepedia page. When I go to my sporepedia page, I don't see it. For creatures that I do want to have on my page, must I manually upload them using the png files?

2. Is there a way to turn off the auto uploading feature? I remember only uploading the creations I wanted by hitting the share/upload/sporepedia/whateverit'scalled button.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 3 (1,314 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hi @salinsuki 

Make sure you are logged in!
Make sure your creature used a name that is not blogged by the server. Certain special characters can prevent this.

Open your creature in your ingame sporepedia.
Click on "Edit"
Take a part, change the size or color of your creature
Click thebutton in the bottom right corner again, save the changed creation.
Go back in view from the ingame Sporepedia.
You should now be able to share the creature again

Otherwise try this!

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bugs-Technical-Issues/Spore-creations-not-showing-up/td-p/8008176

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …
Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden.
❤️ TSTO - Die Simpsons Springfield
❤️ Sims Freeplay.. ❤️ Sims 2-3-4 auf MBP

Meine Sims 4 Geschichten und Kreationen 

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (1,263 Views)

All Replies

Hi @salinsuki 

Make sure you are logged in!
Make sure your creature used a name that is not blogged by the server. Certain special characters can prevent this.

Open your creature in your ingame sporepedia.
Click on "Edit"
Take a part, change the size or color of your creature
Click thebutton in the bottom right corner again, save the changed creation.
Go back in view from the ingame Sporepedia.
You should now be able to share the creature again

Otherwise try this!

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bugs-Technical-Issues/Spore-creations-not-showing-up/td-p/8008176

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …
Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden.
❤️ TSTO - Die Simpsons Springfield
❤️ Sims Freeplay.. ❤️ Sims 2-3-4 auf MBP

Meine Sims 4 Geschichten und Kreationen 

Message 2 of 3 (1,264 Views)

★★★ Novice

That did seem to fix it. How strange. Well, thank you! I guess I don't need to worry about auto-sharing, then?

Message 3 of 3 (1,248 Views)