Re: Attempted repeated Spore fixes, and still getting the 2000 and 1004 errors.

by Freggi-Liz

Original Post

Attempted repeated Spore fixes, and still getting the 2000 and 1004 errors.

★★★ Newbie

Greetings,

So I recently had to uninstall and then reinstall Steam due to issue with it missing some files.  This wiped all the games I had installed at the same time. I purchased Spore through steam, and it ran with no issues originally.
  So I went and decided to reinstall the game today, the cute and creepy pack as well as the galactic adventures. I went and launched the game and am receiving the 2000 and 1004 errors. I have done a lot of digging today, and all the fixes I have found say go to to your EA folder and fix it from there. I have checked all through the computer, and it is not showing any EA folder to fix it from, I have also attempted the compatibility fixes and still am receiving the same error no matter what I am doing.

Have I just missed something in my addledness, or is there another process to try to fix this issue. I am running windows 10, and I know it works, as I played it about a year or so ago, with no issues, other than too much creativity and not enough time to do it in.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

~Shattered

Message 1 of 4 (637 Views)

Hi @ShatteredPhoenix 

I have some topics & solution to your listed errors here. Maybe one of them will help!

https://answers.ea.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_punctuation=false&filte...

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden. Ich liebe das Mobile Gaming, besonders die Simpsons Springfield …

Die Simpsons Springfield -  Zeigt her euer Springfield

Die Sims 2 - Meine Stories

———-
Message 2 of 4 (597 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Sadly no luck as of yet, attempting to find other sources that are closer to my issue, that the locations of files makes sense to me that I can fix it. Thank you though.

Message 3 of 4 (565 Views)

Have you asked in the Steam Community yourself?

Unfortunately, I can't help, because I don't know where the steam client saves your files. I only play via Origin

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden. Ich liebe das Mobile Gaming, besonders die Simpsons Springfield …

Die Simpsons Springfield -  Zeigt her euer Springfield

Die Sims 2 - Meine Stories

———-
Message 4 of 4 (544 Views)