Re: [Apple] Facebook error “param filters must be an array”

by chjones

Original Post

[Apple] Facebook error “param filters must be an array”

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hiya! I’m having difficulty inviting Facebook friends. There are tons of such problems reported, but I’ve been unable to find one similar to my game’s symptoms. 

I’m using the latest public version of TSTO on an iPad running iPadOS 17.4.1. I’ve connected the game to Facebook without apparent issue and given the game permission to see my profile and friends list as requested. iOS permissions are set to allow access & tracking. However, if I go to the friends screen, tap on the ID, and tap on the Facebook “invite” button, a web browser window opens Facebook with the error “param filters must be an array.” (See image 1.)  Accepting the error requests permission to open in TSTO (image 2); if I tap “open” it goes back to the game with no changes. If I tap “cancel” I get a “close this tab” page (image 3).

I’ve tried logging out of and into Facebook, disconnecting Facebook from the game and reconnecting, re-installing the game, and restarting the iPad. Can anyone point me to other issues like this or other ways I may resolve the problem? Thanks!

(CM edit remove image)

Message 1 of 6 (717 Views)

Community Manager

@chjones 

Hey, I wanted to follow up on this thread to see if you continue having issues with the game!

Cheers!

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 6 (629 Views)

★★★ Newbie

There’s been no change. The issue remains. I’m unable to invite friends via Facebook. 

Message 3 of 6 (625 Views)

Community Manager

@chjones Have you logged into Facebook and unauthorized the game? When you go back into the game and try to invite, it should allow you to if that is what is causing it.

You can follow the steps in the App Visibility and Privacy article.

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 4 of 6 (620 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

Yes, as I mentioned in my original post, disconnecting the relationship between Facebook and the game and reconnecting did not fix the problem. I am able to re-authorize the app via the Friends interface, but continue to get the “param filters must be an array” error when using the “invite” function as shown in the screenshots. 

Message 5 of 6 (609 Views)

Community Manager

@chjones I looked into the error itself as I don't remember ever seeing this with the game. This specific error is a script error with the web page, and not with the game.

I can also see this error happening with quite a few mobile games when trying to connect to Facebook specifically. Here is what I found from most of those sites.

• Update the App itself
  • Recheck permissions on Facebook
  • Clear TSTO cache for iOS devices
  • Disconnect and reconnect Facebook from the game
  • Clear all browser history from that browser on your device
  • Download another browser and use that as the main browser on your device

EA_ShepardAHQ

Message 6 of 6 (580 Views)